Best shocks for 2019 Toyota Tacoma 4x4?

Best shocks for 2019 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Sport? No other suspension mods. Good on and off road perf. Stock shocks are gone pretty early.
The cheapest option is to buy takeoffs.

That reminds me, I still have my stock TRD OR Bilsteins with 4,000 miles on them sitting in a box…

Bilstein or KYB MonoMax

I did use Gabriel ReadyMounts on my old Xterra, and they were surprisingly good...like really good, especially for the low price I paid.

I have a similar truck, but the SR5 model.

For those of you who have installed the Bilstein shocks, how would you describe the ride quality -vs the stock shocks? How are they on the highway?

Thank you,
Ed

Bilstein 4600

These are formerly known as their HD line. Good parts. 5100 are fine too, just usually a little more money and not needed if you are stock.

Bilstein shocks always improve the ride in my opinion. They can be a bit firmer.

Does your truck have Bilsteins now? I know Tundra TRD Off Road and Sport have Bilsteins from the factory. If so, surprised they are shot so early.

On my old Tundra, OE kyb or tokico shocks were gone early as well, before 80k miles. Put on yellow Bilstein 4600 and they were still good after 120k miles on them.

Last edited:
Bilstein 4600

These are formerly known as their HD line. Good parts. 5100 are fine too, just usually a little more money and not needed if you are stock.

Bilstein shocks always improve the ride in my opinion. They can be a bit firmer.

Does your truck have Bilsteins now? I know Tundra TRD Off Road and Sport have Bilsteins from the factory. If so, surprised they are shot so early.

On my old Tundra, OE kyb or tokico shocks were gone early as well, before 80k miles. Put on yellow Bilstein 4600 and they were still good after 120k miles on them.
First of all, no the Tacoma Sport in 2019 came with Hitachi or at least Hitachi designed or Tokico shocks.

Second - I am very wary of the Bilstein OEM Toyota supplied shocks. My brother burst his on a dirt road in his Tundra.

I tried the Bilstein 4600. they were good but felt I could do better. I went to Bilstein 5100 on a recommendation. MUCH better!
The ride is firmer but smoother. The truck don't jump all over the place on bumps . You just have to install and see for yourself

I have a 2014 Tundra. I’ve got 110k miles on a set of 5100’s and I don’t see a need to warranty them anytime soon

They were installed at 65k, have a lifetime warranty.

First of all, no the Tacoma Sport in 2019 came with Hitachi or at least Hitachi designed or Tokico shocks.

Second - I am very wary of the Bilstein OEM Toyota supplied shocks. My brother burst his on a dirt road in his Tundra.
Good to know about the Tacoma shocks; I wasn’t sure.

The OE Toyota Bilstein shocks on Tundras probably aren’t built as well, or rather they are built to a certain price.

Back