Best Quick Detailer and or wax to keep dust away

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using banana gloss wax on my black Ford Ranger. I love the wax becuase it's so easy to apply but one thing I noticed is that it seems to attract dust and pollen like crazy. What's good to put over the banana gloss to keep the dust away?

I'm not sure there is such a product.

If there is, I'd like to hear about it as well.

The people on here who live where there is NO pollen have NO idea just how bad it can get here in the east.

My black car, with a full clay bar, polish, glaze, and 3 coats of Collinite 845 turns GREEN within a day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then we get that brief, light, rain shower or thunderstorm (NOT enough to wash away the dust/pollen, no matter HOW slick/prepped the surface) , and it looks like my car has acid rain etching from the water spots & dried pollen combo.
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
The people on here who live where there is NO pollen have NO idea just how bad it can get here in the east.
If you've never lived in NW Georgia, you have no idea how bad it is - Atlanta routinely has pollen counts in the 5000s (over 120 is 'extremely high'). You can stand outside and see yellow clouds shaking off the trees and everything outside gets coated with thick yellow sticky pollen including you!

The best I found to do while living there is to wax the bejeesus out of your car in February and plan on not washing it again until May. Nothing will keep it from sticking to the car.

Finish Kare #425. Killer look and short term (2-3 days)anti static benefit. Sure won't stop dust/pollen but it slows it from sticking.

Originally Posted By: wannafbody
Zaino is anti static as well.

A personal anecdote for this. While washing one day I noticed a small scratch on the trunk lid of my car, which had been Zaino'd, with Z6 as a LSP. I used some polish to take it out and buffed it off. The next day when I got home - I noticed a nearly perfectly round spot of dust in the area I had buffed out the scratch, while the rest of the trunk lid was dust free.

After cleaning the spot with Z6,the following day all was good.

Last edited:
After reading some of the reviews of FK #425 I'm leaning towards that. I just wish a lot of this stuff was available otc as you get killed with shipping charges unless you're buying a bunch of stuff. Perhaps I'll get the gallon as it's only 30 bucks. Where's the best place online to buy this?

tried to call finish kare for the past several months phone been disconnected...out of bussiness...i like 3m quick wax and duragloss #921 fast clean and shine.

Finish Kare's online vendor/distributor took a hike. Autogeek now sells their products. DO get the gallon, it is well worth it. Use a sprayer that puts out a very fine mist and quality microfiber towels are a must.

I can do a 2008 RAV4 (including windows) with 2-3 ounces so a little goes a long way.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Finish Kare's online vendor/distributor took a hike. Autogeek now sells their products. DO get the gallon, it is well worth it. Use a sprayer that puts out a very fine mist and quality microfiber towels are a must.

I can do a 2008 RAV4 (including windows) with 2-3 ounces so a little goes a long way.

Does it actually repel dust, and if so, for how long?

grampi..... From eight posts above yours:

Quote:
Finish Kare #425. Killer look and short term (2-3 days)anti static benefit. Sure won't stop dust/pollen but it slows it from sticking.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
DO get the gallon, it is well worth it. Use a sprayer that puts out a very fine mist and quality microfiber towels are a must.

+1 on the Finish Kare #425

Works awesome on TV's, laptop screens, etc..

Originally Posted By: The Critic
ONR diluted at 6oz per gallon works OK as a cheap QD. It does leave a film though.

Doesn't do squat for keeping dust at bay which is the point of this thread. Been there, used that. If you want to keep the dust down FK#425 is the star performer. I speak from experience.

Try Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer. Very easy to apply. After a rain it looks like you just got the car washed.
I claybar my vehicle with a cheaper quick detailer, then use a caranuba wax, then I use the MUQD in between waxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back