Best pistol grip tactical shotgun <$1000

Picked it up today and really like the fit and function. Appears to be well built and at just over 1/4 the cost of the Benelli M4, I am happy thus far. We just re-entered lockdown again so it will be a bit before I can go shoot it.

One thing that was a little strange is the bolt was configured for a south paw so I will have to swap that around, but otherwise all good so far.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
The Rock Island VR80 has piqued my interest and I would grab one of those but they do not seem to be available anywhere.

It's nary identical to the Derya MK12 or Typhoon F12. the Derya has been excellent, based on my experience, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

I can confirm it is made by Derya in Turkey and imported by Rock Island (even has Derya on the receiver and COO is Turkey).

-Beretta 1301T, LE model
-Benelli M1 (used, if not abused, they last hundreds of thousands of rounds, with minor part replacement as maintenance.)

I love my M4 SBS, but I understand, M4 is a lot of change, and I don't really use a tactical shotgun for much, so I get not wanting to drop a ton on it. My Benelli SNT actually sees a lot of use itself. It's just so basic and effective and simple and works.

It's a bad time to be shopping for any guns right now, though normally I'd agree with finding a decent Benelli, Beretta, or FN auto loader.

BSW

Originally Posted by bsmithwins
It's a bad time to be shopping for any guns right now, though normally I'd agree with finding a decent Benelli, Beretta, or FN auto loader.
It will only get worse as time goes on if things go the way they are headed. With that said, it was under $600 to the door so I am OK with the cost. Will still keep an eye for a Benelli though for grins.

Originally Posted by bsmithwins
It will only get worse as time goes on if things go the way they are headed. With that said, it was under $600 to the door so I am OK with the cost. Will still keep an eye for a Benelli though for grins.

Yep, heard that there were 3.9 million gun purchase background checks done in June ... all time monthly record since the bureau began keeping statistics in 1998. March 2020 was 3.7 million checks.

Picked it up today and really like the fit and function. Appears to be well built and at just over 1/4 the cost of the Benelli M4, I am happy thus far. We just re-entered lockdown again so it will be a bit before I can go shoot it.

One thing that was a little strange is the bolt was configured for a south paw so I will have to swap that around, but otherwise all good so far.

If you watched the youtube video, it shows just how easy it is to switch the bolt on these weapons...simple as pulling a pin.

Back