Best performance from non synthetic???

Status
Not open for further replies.
with all the new technology in modern day dino oils i really don't see a reason to pay the extra $$ for full synthetic. wit that being said, i have never used a full synthetic motor oil in any of my curent or past vechices which average around 130k. i have allways used high millage or synthetic blends. and imho i do feel better performance from the HM oils. less consuption and smoother running motors. i would like some feed back on this. thanks guys

For a daily driven vehicle, regular dinos seem to do a good job as long as oil changes are done on a consistant basis.

For me, I regularly track my car which sees 7800 rpm non stop, and is put through some hot southern california temperatures. Synthetics are a MUST in my opinion for engine longevity.

I don't see a need for anything more than a quality dino at reasonable OCI's for average driving. Lots of high mileage vehicles out there using only dino. Racing, long OCI's or bitter cold climate would justify the more expensive synthetic.

"less consuption and smoother running motors"

glloyd, I don't think we can make a general statement about lower/higher cumsumption, or about smoother/noisier engines with synthetics or dino here. If you are satisfied with your 130k miles and your consumption, then why spend money on synthetics?
dunno.gif

A well-formulated dino is better than say any odd additive-package thrown into a synthetic basestock. However, I'm a friend of the well-formulated synthetics.
rolleyes.gif

Of course, we could start a discussion about ILSAC GF-4 oils, the upcoming API CJ-4 oils and other short-on-proven-additives-oils. However, that would be a little:
offtopic.gif

ED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back