Best belt dressing?

I should follow that up with.. If there is no change, it is going to the shop so they can replace it and I'm sure they know how to check the tensioner as part of that procedure.

I agree... that stuff, everyone says it appears to work but long term it doesn't. I've always squirter it on door hinges and they always seem to work right afterwards but I don't know...

So, about the car and the squeaky belt. I could be wrong, but I always thought a serpentine belt for an 04 Taurus (again this is the Vulcan) cost more than $20.. and the preliminary "spray water on it" (thought you were never supposed to spray water, or as noted.. anything, including belt drresings..) test seems to quiet it.. the 303 will be here Wednesday.

There is already a sticky mess so 🤷‍♂️
LOL. Well it works good on rubber. My beetle door seals leak so before it rains I spray silicone spray on them and it’s dry when I open the doors lol.

PRESENTLY the belt is truly intermittent and all over the place, squeaks on start up and squeaks the most occasionally when the engine is under loading accelerating. Light load or idle while driving it does appear to complete stop so 🤷‍♂️

3118eq-J-HL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Never used that. Hope you didn’t buy on Amazon last time someone I know bought some liquid products on Amazon the box came crushed and it was everywhere lol 😂

Ever seen the beginning of Ace Ventura: Pet Detective? (The first one. The second one was just "okay") where he was the UPS guy?

I agree... that stuff, everyone says it appears to work but long term it doesn't. I've always squirter it on door hinges and they always seem to work right afterwards but I don't know...

So, about the car and the squeaky belt. I could be wrong, but I always thought a serpentine belt for an 04 Taurus (again this is the Vulcan) cost more than $20.. and the preliminary "spray water on it" (thought you were never supposed to spray water, or as noted.. anything, including belt drresings..) test seems to quiet it.. the 303 will be here Wednesday.

There is already a sticky mess so 🤷‍♂️
Can't you just look it up on rockauto.com? The Continental belt is about $24 and you can get the whole kit for around $67 which includes the tensioner, idler pulley and belt. Better than spending $13 on 303 which if it works is only a temporary solution.

Can't you just look it up on rockauto.com? The Continental belt is about $24 and you can get the whole kit for around $67 which includes the tensioner, idler pulley and belt. Better than spending $13 on 303 which if it works is only a temporary solution.

I really don't trust myself to do anything to that car which is why I never looked.

The shop here.. I think 3/4 of their customers have Ford Taurus 🤣🤣🤣which is why I never looked.

I really don't trust myself to do anything to that car which is why I never looked.

The shop here.. I think 3/4 of their customers have Ford Taurus 🤣🤣🤣which is why I never looked.
You should find a shop that allows you to bring your own parts. Lots of shops frown on that, but I've always used those that allowed it and it's much cheaper. They don't really warranty the parts, but when you get good parts like Continental which used to be Goodyear, that's not an issue. That way you can just shop around on the labor rate. Call around, ask how much to install tensioner, idler and belt and you already have the parts.

Back