Best 5w30 Synthetics From Walmart

That explains the 19,000 positive reviews on Amazon.

Amazon reviews. Is that a oxymoron?
I just report what happens to my car cars. And I back I up with some data too.

On a positive note I might posit Edge (syntec) cleaned up and de-varnished the engine prepping it for The QSFS.

Never had oil come out that dirty. Ran like an engine flush.

20220321_133158.jpg

20220321_132843.jpg

Amazon reviews. Is that a oxymoron?
I just report what happens to my car cars. And I back I up with some data too.

On a positive note I might posit Edge (syntec) cleaned up and de-varnished the engine prepping it for The QSFS.

Never had oil come out that dirty. Ran like an engine flush.

View attachment 107456

View attachment 107457
I'm just saying if the oil was as bad as you said it was ,it would be all over the internet. Your negative review on edge is one of the only negative reviews I've ever seen anywhere on the internet. They are few and far between. Maybe you got a bad jug, idk. I've run it for a long time and it's never come out looking like that on a paper towel.

Last edited:
The VCM of the 2.4 L in my 2016 Honda CR-V is one of the main reasons I use PUP (though in 0W-20), not 5W-30 but PUP of any viscosity is an oil that has very high cleaning, very good lubricating at all the temperatures it sees, and one of the lowest NOAC numbers. If you order 2 or more of the 5 liter jugs Walmart will send them to you for free, and usually PUP is the same price or only a dollar more then PP. Walmart seldom sells PUP in stores around here and when the do the shelf for the 5 Liter is empty and the 1 quart is way over priced. But by mail order the 5 Liter jugs is is a good deal.

Sorry, but isn’t VCM “Variable Cylinder Management” that’s only on V-6 Hondas? Owning a 2015 CRV when I count plugs I don’t see more than 4.

I’ve been buying Castrol Dexos at Walmart because it’s $4 a bottle cheaper than Walmart Dexos, which I used previously.

Yes. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, some engine designs are considerably harder on oils than others. Those designs benefit from a more robust lubricant, which can typically be found carrying the myriad of Euro OEM approvals and designed for extended drain intervals.
A Hyundai turbo comes to mind as another that needs all the help they can get.

You can often save money by just ordering your oil off of the WM web site - I saved $6 per jug ordering Valvoline 5W30 EP from the WM web site vs. the store shelf price.
If you have the Walmart app, you can scan the barcode and get the online price. Your Walmart store will price match its own online price. Of course, this only applies if your desired item is on the shelf. It’s how I got multiple cans of Berryman’s B12 for $2 and change (each) instead of about $4. Note: now it’s back above $4 even on the app.

Already noted but Pennzoil Platinum Euro L has the demonstrated performance of BMW Longlife-04 and Mercedes-Benz 229.51 approvals. And it’s on the shelf for under $27.

Already noted but Pennzoil Platinum Euro L has the demonstrated performance of BMW Longlife-04 and Mercedes-Benz 229.51 approvals. And it’s on the shelf for under $27.
That suggests it's an extended drain quality oil, similar to M1 EP, although M1 doesn't have the LL-04 approval. Is that a correct conclusion?

Back