Best 0w20 for Extreme Cold Start at -20F?

I think it’s humorous to call an oil “best” based solely on a condition that would exist for all of about 30 seconds after startup, after which it has absolutely no impact whatsoever on that oil’s performance.
I agree but was just answering his question.
I use QSFS in everything.

My @High Performance Lubricants 0W-20 (with Euro additive package) has an MRV of 12,537cP @ -40C, pretty close, despite having a slightly higher HTHS (2.74cP).
Question, How do you get to 10,000 from 12,537? Answer. Lighter base oil and more VII. Is this a good thing? If you are constantly performing cold starts at -30,-40 maybe so. If that is not the climate, not so much. I don’t like formulating with oils that have high volatility. I’m very comfortable with where overkill’s oil sits. The balance of the whole formula is what is important.

We comprehend what you’re saying. It’s just that what you’re saying is wrong.
So your ear in fact is a calibrated device? Or you have proof a reduction in noise means lower wear? Either would be fascinating. I wait on bated breath for your riveting response.

So your ear in fact is a calibrated device? Or you have proof a reduction in noise means lower wear? Either would be fascinating. I wait on bated breath for your riveting response.
I haven’t made any claims for or against either of those subjects nor that oil can’t cause a noise difference. You’re the one making outlandish claims and not providing proof and all I’ve done is ask you about the proof and veracity of these claims. You’ve continued to dodge, duck, and dive to deflect from putting forth an answer that you know will out you to the forum as a sham.

I haven’t made any claims for or against either of those subjects nor that oil can’t cause a noise difference. You’re the one making outlandish claims and not providing proof and all I’ve done is ask you about the proof and veracity of these claims. You’ve continued to dodge, duck, and dive to deflect from putting forth an answer that you know will out you to the forum as a sham.
List me things you want me to prove. You have essentially said nothing other than "You're wrong" in multiple different ways. So as far as ducking and dodging you're right there with me.

List me things you want me to prove. You have essentially said nothing other than "You're wrong" in multiple different ways. So as far as ducking and dodging you're right there with me.
I’m not the one making claims in the affirmative or denial and you’ve yet to prove your claims so as far as we’re concerned right now, you are wrong because you’re not proving your opinion. I’ve already listed the things multiple times so at this point we can only conclude you’re trolling or extremely obtuse.

get back to me when you've spent a winter in Yakutsk Siberia...and no I haven't, but seen many documentaries on that place called coldest city on the planet...I mean right now nov 14th it's -27f...

Back