Belly fat

9ed0b862c01e27852013d6578c952279.jpg

It is good to recognize that people today are unusually fat. This is not all due to laziness or gluttony. As a world traveler, I can tell you first hand that I lose weight when I visit certain other countries, despite calories consumed and the very large meals that I tend to enjoy.

Low carb, high fiber, high fat will melt those pounds away.

Turn that USDA Food Pyramid upside down and enjoy life.

View attachment 88403
This is exactly what I’ve been doing and I’ve lost ~20lbs in a month. Started at 300.5lbs, down to 285. My diet was the only thing I’ve changed. Giving up pop was the hardest thing for me, I LOVE Dr. pepper. Powerade zero is my new best friend though.

I wouldn’t go purely off BMI though… it’s a horrifically flawed measurement IMO.

22.4 BMI 47 years old
https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
Getting lean and in a healthy BMI was the best thing I have done to my body and how many problems go away because of it. Most people can do it it’s all a pile of excuses why you can’t.
Excellent!
Good for you. I suspect, as I do, it drives you CRAZY when you hear talk of someone whom wants to go on a diet.
Its doesnt take a diet to lose weight, it takes a change in your lifestyle to eating properly.

Everything else IS an excuse, all this diet talk, all BS for 90% of the people because they go on a "diet" and know full well, after they lose weight and feel good, they will start eating the way they did and gain it back.
The only way to stay a proper weight is to change your eating habits. Protein 95% lean red meat, chicken, plenty of fish, fruit, vegetables, water, shredded wheat and skim milk, no sugar added yogurt or frozen yasso yogurt bar for a treat.

BTW the way, going to a gym or excersizing should not be an excuse to say you want to lose weight. It will NEVER happen, a gym or exercise should be used to stay healthy and toned after you lose weight. Exercise can never make up for poor choices in the kitchen, lets be real.

Excellent!
Good for you. I suspect, as I do, it drives you CRAZY when you hear talk of someone whom wants to go on a diet.
Its doesnt take a diet to lose weight, it takes a change in your lifestyle to eating properly.

Everything else IS an excuse, all this diet talk, all BS for 90% of the people because they go on a "diet" and know full well, after they lose weight and feel good, they will start eating the way they did and gain it back.
The only way to stay a proper weight is to change your eating habits. Protein 95% lean red meat, chicken, plenty of fish, fruit, vegetables, water, shredded wheat and skim milk, no sugar added yogurt or frozen yasso yogurt bar for a treat.

BTW the way, going to a gym or excersizing should not be an excuse to say you want to lose weight. It will NEVER happen, a gym or exercise should be used to stay healthy and toned after you lose weight. Exercise can never make up for poor choices in the kitchen, lets be real.
SO SO SO Exactly True couldn't say it any better!!
BTW no such thing is ohhh I just want to get rid of Belly fat it dont work that way.

Last edited:
Exercise and diet are key. As we get older the pounds are harder to get off.

Instead of three big meals a day go with four small meals and a snack if needed. As already mentioned, watch your fat and carb intake. Reduce portion sizes. Americans eat big and we show it.
That is hugely wrong advice. Each meal causes Insulin to rise. unless you eat pure fat. Insulin is a cause of fat storage in the body.

Liposuction and perhaps tummy tuck(more scaring) is the way to go.

Get back to "zero" then eat healthy. When your BMI is too high, that is like paying $100k for a home that has a $300k lean on it.
This is going to be tough. Fat cells do not go away, they just carry less fat and they have memory.

Exercise (weights and cardio), reduce complex carb intake and eliminate refined sugars. Consume low glycemic foods. Protein intake of about 1.5 grams/kg of body weight. This is going to be hard if you have family that has no interest. Expect spouse to get jealous, if she doesn't great.

If you snack or binge then you need to discover the trigger. Hunger, boredom, stress, anxiety.

Look for a routine to follow. Maybe something that's 12-weeks or longer. Get a trainer for a session to initially run you through movements or watch some video demonstrations so you don't hurt yourself. Remember this is YOUR workout.

Workout in the morning prior to breakfast will yield better results.

Ultimately it's a lifestyle change. Remember it took years to get your body into the shape it's currently in so it's going to take time to get it back to where you want it.

GL.

Last edited:
I went full KETO for about three months. About 30-50 gr a day of carbs. Normal summer time yard work exercise. But I lost about 20 lbs the first month. After a year was down 50 lbs to my target at the time weight of 200lbs. Been in the low 190s for the last couple of months.

But full KETO is not the most pleasant diet with the food choices. The way I worked it out was to limit processed foods to the 3% category on carbs looking at the nutritional label. Then you have to figure out a portion size as then numbers can be played with to make then look lower carb that what the are. Fiber grams negates carbs gram at 1:1. But it takes a while, so a lot of fiber will not stop a high blood sugar spike from too many carbs.

Some comfort foods with a 4% or 5% rating. And on holidays throw it all out the window.

This is exactly what I’ve been doing and I’ve lost ~20lbs in a month. Started at 300.5lbs, down to 285. My diet was the only thing I’ve changed. Giving up pop was the hardest thing for me, I LOVE Dr. pepper. Powerade zero is my new best friend though.

I wouldn’t go purely off BMI though… it’s a horrifically flawed measurement IMO.
Four or five of years ago I was at 290+. I knew I had to do something so I quit drinking beer. At the time about 4-5 a day for 30 years. I quit cold turkey and lost 40 lbs in 6 months. Even started going to the Dr! Rather disappointed there though as he was just as overweigh as me. At the time I was on BP meds too.

When I went to the KETO an lost 40 lbs or so the High Blood pressure went away and the Dr started to go on a low carb diet. Last time I saw him he was down quite a bit too. :)

No special diets are necessary in most cases. Most people need to learn how to manage food intake and then exercise,it's not rocket science to stay at a healthy weight.
You have to eat to feed you body and not your mind. Too many associate pleasure with food for some reason....

Deep Keto needs no exercise to lose the weight. Your body consumes the fat it has stored for daily activities.

Deep Keto needs no exercise to lose the weight. Your body consumes the fat it has stored for daily activities.
What a joke nor does my diet I wouldn’t need to workout one second and could drop weight just as easy. Why you think I wrote eating is the easy part NOBODY! Likes to be skinny fat that’s why we workout

What a joke nor does my diet I wouldn’t need to workout one second and could drop weight just as easy. Why you think I wrote eating is the easy part NOBODY! Likes to be skinny fat that’s why we workout
I'm lazy. Every time I get on the exercise bandwagon some catastrophic happening comes along and throws me off track. I'd rather let my body consume my stored fat form past transgression. Getting low now though. One thing about loosing 100 lbs is you will have a lot of skin that slowly will need to also be consumed.

I hit 192 the other day. All I need to do is not eat after 6 pm if I want to lose weight now. If I want to gain weight I eat a snack after 6pm.

I'm lazy. Every time I get on the exercise bandwagon some catastrophic happening comes along and throws me off track. I'd rather let my body consume my stored fat form past transgression. Getting low now though. One thing about loosing 100 lbs is you will have a lot of skin that slowly will need to also be consumed.

I hit 192 the other day. All I need to do is not eat after 6 pm if I want to lose weight now. If I want to gain weight I eat a snack after 6pm.
Strong will and mind is what people fail at most and must learn it you achieve that as I do now I have no quit in me.

Back