Beige no more...GR Corolla Rallying?

I myself "sport drive" on a paved road, not much into seeing those fat tree right next to you on a muddy road, but it depends if he is mph or KPH. Nice car though.

I myself "sport drive" on a paved road, not much into seeing those fat tree right next to you on a muddy road, but it depends if he is mph or KPH. Nice car though.
But that's part of the fun!
:sneaky:

Also, seems it's in mph, so in kph he's doing about 100-130ish.
Certainly a brisk pace for those road conditions!

the way the driver is moving effortlessly through the dirt gave me goosebumps. I would need to be traveling way slower to have a proper reaction speed. I remember sim driving Colin Mcrae Dirt on the pc, and I always was appreciative of the sport. I do wonder if the driver behind the wheel is an weekend warrior?

That being said, I still cant believe Toyota allowed this edition of the corolla to exist, as most of their performance models designed inhouse have been tame, ala Rcf and Gsf. I myself wanted one but besides bad dealer games, I dont know how useable these things would be in the real world, and this engine is exclusive to this model, so parts and longevity are questionable.

Bring on a GR highlander and camry, that would be fun and hopefully easier to attain.

My neighbor got one recently. I haven’t checked it out up close yet. Pretty cool, especially for a Corolla.

I saw one in the wild the other day.
Highway 101 near Petaluma.
Kind of an orange or bronze.
You have to look for the flared fenders.
Pulled up next to the dude and gave him the thumbs up.
Then he was gone.

Hope they were getting some track time with that thing or gravel roads. These kind of machines are really begging to be used as designed.

But i do see the appeal stop light to stop light, on ramp to off ramp. It like the tesla folk who treat each light as their personal drag strip.

there are rumours of a 300 horsepower Yaris GR coming next January, 2024. with 8 speed automatic transmission. it w'ont be available for north American market, but that 8 speed auto might make it's way in the Corolla GR.

there are rumours of a 300 horsepower Yaris GR coming next January, 2024. with 8 speed automatic transmission. it w'ont be available for north American market, but that 8 speed auto might make it's way in the Corolla GR.
the power bump would be insane. I hope the 8 speed is well tuned.
edit is this hybrid power or pure ice? i know the yaris for 23 has a hybrid engine with a manual

the power bump would be insane. I hope the 8 speed is well tuned.
edit is this hybrid power or pure ice? i know the yaris for 23 has a hybrid engine with a manual
the Yaris GR has never had a hybrid engine. it is the exact same engine as the Corolla GR, but with less power. it is a turbo inline 3 engine of 1,6 liters. for 2024, rumours indicate it will have same power as Corolla GR but a bit less torque. .

Back