Because they use USPS, I will never order oil from Walmart.com again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that the USPS makes service guarantees or promises to companies like Amazon, Walmart.com, etc and won't hesitate to lie to keep their "on time" service promise up. That includes marking deliveries as delivered then bringing them the following day or marking them as delivered at 7:15am when our mail doesn't come until mid-afternoon.

My favorite story - well, not a story, an actual occurrence - is when we had two packages coming from Amazon. We have a street-side mailbox and these wouldn't fit, meaning the mail lady has to bring them to our porch. I guess she didn't feel like getting out of her vehicle that day because she marked our mailbox as being blocked. Proper term she used was "Receptacle blocked". Did I see that on the online tracking ? Nope ! It was on a postcard that she put in our mailbox, along with some letters, flyers, etc.

Sign up for "Informed Delivery" from USPS. In case you didn't know what it is, you'll get an email or you can login to USPS website to see what items were scanned overnight for delivery the following day. Others that use this, including a part-time mail carrier, told me that if you mark an item as "did not receive", the local post office is notified and the mail carrier will be made to bring it back to you that same day. I've never done it myself. I don't want future mail to be "lost" !

Unless it super special stuff, none of us should be ordering oil through the post or UPS or FEDEX.

It heavy, messy and environmentally costly.

Just pick it up when you are in the area of the parts store or Wally.

For the two or three times a year this purchase is made you can plan it out.

Next - Don't get me going about the trash KCups have caused!

We are not moving forward for the environment Lessons FORGOTTON by selfish morons.

Last edited:
On a similar note concerning USPS, I ordered a phone case from Amazon....a fourteen dollar phone case. I received an email from Amazon stating they attempted to deliver my package but could not because.....a signature was required...on a fourteen dollar phone case!
USPS has left packages here worth a lot more than that! Anyway, they left in the mailbox three days later!
Go figure...

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
I've experienced similar "failure to deliver" with FedEx and UPS as well.

As have I. None of them are immune from providing horrible service. Smashed up boxes, damaged goods, shoddy delivery..

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Unless it super special stuff, none of us should be ordering oil through the post or UPS or FEDEX.

It heavy, messy and environmentally costly.

Just pick it up when you are in the area of the parts store or Wally.

For the two or three times a year this purchase is made you can plan it out.

Next - Don't get me going about the trash KCups have caused!

We are not moving forward for the environment Lessons FORGOTTON by selfish morons.

The idea that 50 people should independently drive to walmart instead of having one USPS truck deliver to all of them... how exactly is that more environmentally friendly?

Or is your assumption that people generally go to Walmart pretty often? That might be true depending on age, that's less common for younger folks. I'd rather live on Amazon prime and never set foot in a Walmart again.

Last edited:
Wemay, I had a similar experience earlier this year.

I had ordered a mattress from Amazon and on the day of delivery I received the message that it had been delivered. It was nowhere to be found. I called Amazon who then contacted USPS and found out it was held at the post office due to size. Okay, that's understandable. So I went to the post office and they asked for my paper that showed they held it. I didn't have it because they put it in my mailbox (community) and I didn't think to go there.

Anywhoo, they finally found the box and the girl asked if I needed a cart. Well, yes. So they gave me the post office version of a grocery shopping cart. I asked if they had a hand truck but that request was met with a blank stare. She had no idea what it was.

So, trying to maneuver the cart with a bulky box and not letting it run away in the parking lot took some doing but I got it in and back home.

Amazon gave me a $10 credit for my inconvenience which was nice even though they didn't cause the problem.

Last edited:
Having had some time to let this pass, i agree, i cannot base my decision on one employee. Things happen and i gotta let it go. I just hope it doesn't happen again.

Pim Tac, that mattress incident would have pi$$ed me off too.

Last edited:
I do call Amazon and tell them the post office is "fibbing" when they do it. I always get a free month of Prime.

If ever I have the option, I get things shipped via FedEx. They're the only one that has yet to pull stupid crap with my packages. Whether it be delivering it to me and not someone else, or getting it here intact

Let your State Rep/Senator know. The USPS has been under a lot of scrutiny. I recently read that a local USPS denied a State Rep entry for inspection, due to constituent complaints. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Sad tale but that is not on Walmart. I use US Mail all the time including from Rock Auto and Amazon.

I've had bad experiences all around, but USPS is usually pretty good about getting something somewhere - they recently did take two weeks to get me a carburetor from one state over, but ebay gave me a $5 coupon (it was only a $14 carb kit). I also notice a lot of hangups if anything ships out of SoCal - the LA distribution facility takes FOREVER to process anything.

Most of my bad experiences have been with FedEx - For instance, one day I get a notification that the package has been delivered and open my door to find nothing. Two hours later, I get a single knock on the door and a "sorry we missed you" notice and a guy literally running back to the truck with no package in hand - this was the first time I ever chased anyone down in my car.... but not the last.

The postal workers in the area where I used to live were all contractors from temp agencies making $9.00 an hour.

Their level of dedication to doing a good job was .............. abysmal

Last year leading up to Christmas, it was a common news story across the country that the USPS was claiming via tracking that they had delivered packages to customers, when in fact they had not.

Apparently they wanted to (fraudulently) demonstrate to the shippers (Amazon, others) that packages had been successfully delivered, so they could claim that they could handle the workload, and keep their contract with the shippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back