Because they use USPS, I will never order oil from Walmart.com again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN

When I grew up attention to detail and your not done till the job is done right was expected. From what I see with younger co-workers, not so much.

What? You didn't know? If you pay attention to detail, you're OCD...

Thread title should be, "My USPS carrier is lazy". The way it currently reads and you posting comes off a little drama queen style.

Sorry, not meant to come across drama queenish. Yes, that title would have been better.

Last edited:
I've had that happen with UPS. I came to work Saturday for the sole purpose of expecting a delivery at our business and starting work on the part. I left a note on the door to ring the bell. At the end of the day, I saw their tracking had a note that delivery was attempted. It was not. Happened twice.

I told my boss next time to have it delivered to my house. At least waiting at home is more productive.

Ordered and paid for UPS delivery and find out it's been made into UPS home delivery which is USPS. UPS drops it at the PO 8 mi from my home and I have to drive there to pick it up. Then the PO can't find it-they sent it back because it didn't have my postal address on it. My postal & street address are different-PO won't deliver to my street address.

The local post office here is full of hoodrats apparently hired by affirmative action who roll their eyes at you when you walk in expecting customer service.

Originally Posted by zorobabel
Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN

When I grew up attention to detail and your not done till the job is done right was expected. From what I see with younger co-workers, not so much.

What? You didn't know? If you pay attention to detail, you're OCD...

It is called having a Mother. To this day if I would not do the right thing I have that feeling wherever my Mom is she will return to kick my......

Originally Posted by Oildudeny
Postal service has gotten really bad.

So have the treatment of their employees. I have no dog in this fight, other than knowing a handful of carriers. 6 day weeks are the norm, new hires will work 7 days because of Amazon. Starting pay is $16 and change. To quote a carrier 'it now is just a job'. This is just the reality of the situation in 2018.

UPDATE*

So yesterday USPS, even though i refused delivery via email and received confirmation they would abide, delivered the items to my doorstep anyway. When i contacted Walmart, they said that it was OK and gave me a full refunded plus extended 25% credit extra.

Walmart stepped up and took the hit for a series of errors not their own. Kudos to them. I like repaying good deeds so bought two jugs of SuperTech Synthetic 5W-20 (new bottle).

USPS - oh boy.

Wemay, it is disappointing to see how far the USPS has fallen.

I grew up in a large city where we had the same mailman for years. In those days the carriers didn't have vehicles. The mail was dropped off in drop boxes and the carrier walked. I could only guess how many miles he put on those shoes.

Everyone's mailbox was on the porch. No matter the weather, he delivered. The delivery could almost be timed on a watch. It was pretty much the same time every day no matter what. We all knew the guy by his first name as well. Bruce.

Today it's the complete opposite.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson

My favorite story - well, not a story, an actual occurrence - is when we had two packages coming from Amazon. We have a street-side mailbox and these wouldn't fit, meaning the mail lady has to bring them to our porch. I guess she didn't feel like getting out of her vehicle that day because she marked our mailbox as being blocked. Proper term she used was "Receptacle blocked". Did I see that on the online tracking ? Nope ! It was on a postcard that she put in our mailbox, along with some letters, flyers, etc.

I had pretty much the same thing happen with the USPS. Occasionally a neighbor will park in front of our mailbox, and the mail lady will leave nasty notes in the box about needing 50 feet each side of the mailbox for access. (50 feet?) She can't be bothered to stop next to the parked vehicle, and walk literally 5 - 6 feet to put the mail in the box. Our street is an older residential area about 2 blocks long, so there isn't a lot of traffic. When I called the Post Master to complain (she wasn't in conveniently) the lady on the phone told me it is a matter of safety for the carrier.

In my case she did instantly mark online "receptacle block." I had a small package coming that would easily fit in the box, so not only did she not deliver the package, but none of our other mail.

Funny thing is - she does the route 2 or 3 days a week, we have an older man that does it the rest of the time. Never have any trouble with the older man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back