Battery Prices

I bought an EverStart Plus (Clarios) 24F for $109 and a Maxx (East Penn) 34 for $149 in the last few weeks. It didn't even occur to me to look at where they were made. If they had COA stickers on them they weren't obvious.

I have no idea the battery she bought, but I told her to spend the extra $ and get a good one.
Might take a peek next time she visits.

Told her she got lucky, this was the last day of the "extended warranty" on the car I gave her.
Bought new wiper blades a few weeks ago, under warranty as well.;)

Good thing I have only one Grandchild and can afford to spoil her!

"From 10 years ago" ?? Really?
No, from the time (mostly the end of) the ”disease that must not be named”. In my industry, the manufacturers appear to be artificially restricting the availability of parts so that they can double the price, or more! New equipment has also doubled, when it’s even available. Needless to say, not much is selling… I’m still waiting for the effects of interest rate increases-it’s nice to actually make some interest income, but prices, once they go up, never seem to come down again (food excepted). Hence, “greedflation”, I.e., raising prices because they CAN! That’s why auto manufacturers are collecting record profits.

Last edited:
The same Everstart Maxx 24F battery I bought two and a half years ago at Walmart for $88 now is $140. For $150, I bought a Deka Gold 24F from my local Ace Hardware store (online order with no core charge).

Back