Battery Prices

I noticed battery prices going up too. But there has always been a wide disparity between low mark up stores and high mark up stores.
I always show price, which normally means Walmart or Sam's Club.

Saw this on marketplace, someone selling a battery they couldn’t take back to wal mart because they lost the receipt. Begs the question, I thought these batteries were made in the USA?
IMG_1852.jpeg

If you have one in your area, Rural King often has great battery prices. A group 35 battery was $10 less at RK compared to Wal-Mart. I bought one for my ‘63 Cadillac and one for my ‘03 Corolla (and demoted the Corolla’s old but usable battery to my project Lincoln Mark IV) while en route from Texas to my mom’s place in Wisconsin.

Just put a battery in my friend's passat. He called me on lunch to help him after work. I told him maybe shop around, he was like nah will just go to O'reilly.

$249 for an AGM. Ouch. I think they were more than buying it from VW themselves.

Saw this on marketplace, someone selling a battery they couldn’t take back to wal mart because they lost the receipt. Begs the question, I thought these batteries were made in the USA?View attachment 186236
on Walmart Everstart Maxx batteries I have bought since 2019, you register the battery upon purchase (I had to enter the L-O-N-G serial number when I purchased the last one and used the self checkout) and Walmart will have a record of all information by checking that number should you need service/replacement on it...

that said, I have only bought two Everstart Maxx batteries since 2019 and neither one has needed to be returned or checked since purchase...

Bill

This 36R was $124. Five year warranty with three years free replacement and two years pro-rated. Made in USA, but some other models on the rack were made in Mexico. Canadian Tire has some batteries that were made in China. The receipt is the warranty.

View attachment 186368
Canada still does prorata, interesting, they stopped doing that in the us 3-4 years ago and they're now all 3 years replacement, and 4 years on the AGM.

Battery in my 2018 Subaru Forester crapped out yesterday. (gave car to my Granddaughter)
She stopped at O'reilly and bought a new one today. They would not install it for some electrical issue. Pretty much $250.

Told her to take it to our local shop, that I have spent lot's of $ at over the years.
He installed it for free. Now she can take the core back for $22 credit back.

Not sure on the make of battery she got, but I told her to take my credit card and not buy a cheap one.

Battery in my 2018 Subaru Forester crapped out yesterday. (gave car to my Granddaughter)
She stopped at O'reilly and bought a new one today. They would not install it for some electrical issue. Pretty much $250.

Told her to take it to our local shop, that I have spent lot's of $ at over the years.
He installed it for free. Now she can take the core back for $22 credit back.

Not sure on the make of battery she got, but I told her to take my credit card and not buy a cheap one.
Wonder what they got, the most expensive one i can find for that car is $155

Back