Baking Cookies in the Car - 4.0

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
You guys already know, it’s summer in Phoenix which means what else is there to do besides bake cookies in the car?

The forecast was originally for 120, but I’m not sure what happened with that, it’s downgraded to 116 and it’s currently only 110 out.

Also preheated a skillet outside for a few hours and cracked an egg in it. There’s other videos of an egg sizzling and cooking which is obviously fake. There’s another one going around of baking banana bread in a mailbox. No way.

IMG_4205.jpeg
IMG_4206.jpeg
IMG_4210.jpeg

Curious, do you notice any oil from the cookies on your windshield as it begins to bake?

I've never been in heat like that, but I want to experience once in my life.
Hottest i've experienced was when we went to Carlsbad Caverns, forget what year it was, but it was the first week of June. 115 with nearly no humidity.
so hot/dry when we stopped for fuel, I went to clean the bugs off the windshield, the fluid was evaporating off the glass faster than i could apply it... no need for the squeegee.
The Rodeway (bedbug) Inn did have a nice pool with a little splash pad

early Oct in DFW, (upper 80's with 80-90% humidity) can feel hotter.

the humidity is really the killer.

No air freshener needed with cookie scent inside your car.

Will metal tray damage your dashboard with the heat ?
Smells great. Dash looks fine to me

I see the old maroon Camry in the background. Good to see it still on the road.
Still going fairly strong. I officially gave it to my brother a few months ago. He’s been primarily driving it for 5 years now though. It’s getting pretty tired though.

IMG_4217.jpeg

Curious, do you notice any oil from the cookies on your windshield as it begins to bake?
Not really. Probably in a couple weeks I’ll need to clean the windshield but whether it’s cause the cookie butter mixture? 🤷‍♂️

They’re all done now. Nice and soft but the edges have a slight crisp. Delicious.

IMG_4216.jpeg

Hottest i've experienced was when we went to Carlsbad Caverns, forget what year it was, but it was the first week of June. 115 with nearly no humidity.
so hot/dry when we stopped for fuel, I went to clean the bugs off the windshield, the fluid was evaporating off the glass faster than i could apply it... no need for the squeegee.
The Rodeway (bedbug) Inn did have a nice pool with a little splash pad

early Oct in DFW, (upper 80's with 80-90% humidity) can feel hotter.

the humidity is really the killer.
The heat along with the humidity is killer right now in South Louisiana

Back