Baking cookies in Phoenix - in the car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies needed to be cooked a little longer, 3-1/2 hours wasn't enough but I had to head back across town. Still worth it lol.

And here's my brother's For Sale sign in his Lexus, it was hard plastic from Home Depot. It melted today in his car.

2d7es0h.jpg

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I have seen 160f inside my car

So have I. Mainly from not having clear coat anymore as Dodge paint only last 10 years.

That's clever! I like it. You may want to try a black pan though and maybe a three-sided cardboard reflector, covered in foil, to slide around your cookie sheet. It will reflect additional rays, hold in the heat better, raising your temps. I'd advise a cotton pad/sheet or even another piece of cardboard under the black pan to protect your dash. You may also want to crack open your sunroof to allow the cooking gases a means of escape out of the top.

Aluminum tape will be your friend to hold it together.

I built a solar oven many years ago as an experiment and was amazed it would heat to ~ 350°F in about 15min. To the amazement of some neighbors, I cooked a 9 x 13 pan of lasagna in it!

I ought to haul it out and try some cookies. Actually I could roast hot dogs & onions, then do the cookies for dessert.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

If you roll your windows down too much it will cool off the car but let a LOT of UV into the interior which will destroy it quicker overall.

Yea, but I just ment crack them 1" or so. Makes a hue difference...temperature wise anyway.

With the windows closed and the car parked in the sun, I've never seen the interior temp rise more than 20°F over ambient. and that is a rare situation, 95% of the time it's less than 10°F rise over ambient.

Today it was close to 20°F...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back