BAD movies.

Yep, loudspeakers definitely have individual tastes. Me, I prefer horns. But to make a horn sound good, you have to have an insane amount of power behind them. Electro Voice will always be my favorite. Yamaha and Martin make some amazing sounding commercial speakers too. But to make them sound the way they're supposed to, they require a wall full of power amplifiers(y)

I like an Aiwa boombox. Still have my JVC PC-XC60 I actually used it a few times over the past 8 years 🤣🤣🤣

Now I'm all grown up.. stereo is in the car. :(

Movies with Jar-Jar Binks
Somewhat extensively referenced in this thread

Sounds like Episode 4, 5, 6 (not my thing) are 👍👍
And 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9 (wow!) are 🛑

Rambo: Last Blood
It was meant to be dry, hopeless, and show how John Rambo completed his circle of misery. The ending left a bitter aftertaste in my mouth that I can almost feel as I'm typing this.

Terminator Genesys: it was almost a parody, a movie that didn't take itslef seriously. The story was forced and bad, but then again, everything beyond Terminator II is trash.

everything beyond Terminator II is trash.
I'll actually say every Terminator that came after The Terminator is trash, including the slick and glossy marvel of a brainless action flick that T2 is. The Terminator, a grungy, low-budget sci-fi horror movie with sketchy special effects and a tight story was way more effective and interesting than any Terminator movie that followed. I don't want to see an inoffensive, family/kid-friendly terminator that shoots people in the legs. I want that scary cyborg that is programmed to kill, KILL, KILL!😱

"Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there, it can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with, it doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear, and it absolutely will not stop EVER, until you are dead!"

I'll actually say every Terminator that came after The Terminator is trash, including the slick and glossy marvel of a brainless action flick that T2 is. The Terminator, a grungy, low-budget sci-fi horror movie with sketchy special effects and a tight story was way more effective and interesting than any Terminator movie that followed. I don't want to see an inoffensive, family/kid-friendly terminator that shoots people in the legs. I want that scary cyborg that is programmed to kill, KILL, KILL!😱

"Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there, it can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with, it doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear, and it absolutely will not stop EVER, until you are dead!"

I believe we have reached a consensus about different aspects of a "BAD" movie or not.

I am conflicted about putting Terminator 1 or 2 on the list.

We can put Terminator 3, 4, 5, and 6 on the list. Plans were cancelled for 7.

I know about the Terminator. Someone once told me he was a terrifying character because he was basically Frankenstein...

I saw the 2nd one first. It was amazing and MOST people agree, I've only met "two" people that "can't stand" that movie, and both were prior military. I remember my Dad summed it up, "They keep shooting him and he doesn't go down," I suggested he missed the entire point of the movie, but. It is what it is.

I *think* Terminator 2 summed it up very nicely, didn't they defeat the other Terminator (Robert Patrick best role, he has gone on to make other movies and reference his role in at least one maybe two of them) and he melted down the other chip (himself) and that was the end? Yeah, she WAS pregnant at the end but that doesn't necessarily mean that they fight another time, correct that anything 3 and after was trash? (Particularly the 4th and 5th one, Salvation and Genesis. Salvation was worse than Genesis but okay.)

I saw Terminator 1 after 2 (Judgement Day.) I find myself in a conflict of "Which movie was better, the first or the second" almost exactly like The Godfather, where the 3rd can be dismissed (in an almost Sopranos-level UNworthy end to the trilogy, with even Ray Romano in it as his black figura... moving on) or Michael Jackson "Thriller" vs "Bad." There appears to be no clear answer. The Terminator was kind of a B-movie and totally awesome, instilling how people should be aware of the level of violence in movies (the police station scene. Some don't like the idea presented. I don't exactly blame them, but, movies aren't supposed to be reality.. unless it's a movie trying to be realistic and connect, which The Terminator is not. Okay moving on) and Terminator 2 is like watching Ambulance (2022) which is another excellent movie, don't dismiss it because it is Michael Bay, who has made some bombs .

Not sure I would call this a "bad" movie. Acting seems pretty good to me. Arnold really put a lot of thought and skill into acting llike a robot a la Robocop...

Terminator 1 was good, 2 was nearly as good, 3 started the downward trend, (major plot holes) the rest were awful.

Robocop 1 was good, but violent. The rest and the remake were awful…

No consensus was reached.

A bunch of completely subjective opinions were offered. Entire genres were dismissed.

Feelings replaced thoughtful critique.

Movies are a form of art. Some movies tell a compelling story. Some are great examples of the art.

Some are not.

Without defining what is good in movies, this thread has failed in defining what is bad.

I guess "bad" is always going to be individually subjective. My sister and I love slasher horror movies, whereas my gf hates them. Most guys say they hate chick flicks, but enjoy them when we're forced to watch them haha!:D

Terminator 1 was good, 2 was nearly as good, 3 started the downward trend, (major plot holes) the rest were awful.

Robocop 1 was good, but violent. The rest and the remake were awful…

Yeah I re-watched Robocop 1 recently. It was almost a comedy. I don't remember much about 2 and 3 except that 3 was PG-13 and I couldn't yet watch any R rather movies, which really every good movie is, except Forrest Gump :) (PG-13)

There are objective metrics by which one can rate a movie. A good movie must have compelling characters the viewer cares about. The plot must be driven by the motivations of the characters and not because the plot says "then this happens so that the other thing can happen.

Going back to The Terminator and T2, the former has interesting characters that act and drive the plot along because of their motivations. T2 is much more plot driven because a sequence of events has to happen. This makes the characters and the story less interesting and less compelling. And while I fault T2 for these shortcomings it's nothing compared to the new levels of garbage writing that were achieved in the later sequels.

If we can expand it to TV shows.. Power Season 5 (6?) was one of the worst things ever. The final season that was airing 2019. After the 5th or 6th episode I just pulled the plug. Done.

The first 4 were really good, no real downtime, very well done, just like Breaking Bad (good) and Sons Of Anarchy (good, speculated to have followed the plot of Hamlet, including Season 3 in Ireland.)

Unless it's an old movie or TV show that Netflix got the rights to so they can stream, pretty much everything on that platform is unwatchable. The meme below perfectly describes Netflix. If you want a solid list of Bad Movies, just start the Netflix app or go to their website and start scrolling and writing down titles. Oh, there are so many!

1652714465937.png

Back