BAD movies.

Six seasons of nonsense about a bunch of insecure guys, most of them a couple of fries short of a Happy Meal, and without a satisfying conclusion:

MV5BZGJjYzhjYTYtMDBjYy00OWU1LTg5OTYtNmYwOTZmZjE3ZDdhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

A truly bad movie must have a major budget, and major movie stars…
And then fail miserably at the box office…
A major director also helps the badness…

Howard The Duck
Cleopatra (Elizabeth Taylor)
The Lone Ranger (Johnny Depp)
Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull
Terminator Dark Fate
Terminator Genisys
Rambo: Last Blood
Star Wars VII, The Farce Awakens
Star Wars VIII The Last Jedi
Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker
John Carter of Mars
The Avengers (1998) Uma Thurman
League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Batman And Robin
Catwoman

Last edited:

Howard The Duck
Terminator Dark Fate
Terminator Genisys
John Carter of Mars
Batman And Robin
Catwoman

Did those Star War frequels actually lose $?

The Star wars frequals did not get any of my money…
I loved the first Star Wars but was 5 in 1977 and it was the first movie my parents ever took me to. I did watch again and it was a lot cooler as a 5 year old. I did see the next two movies and never got it either . Even to this day.

Yeah, I'm following more now.

You know they say the same about loudspeakers, right. They say that everyone hears sound differently, and that "good" loudspeakers may sound "bad" to someone else. Meaning, you can't universally call one "good" or "bad," I've always had a hard time with that, sort of like "DO YOU HEAR HOW GOOD THIS SOUNDS" lol but have you heard this argument? For example, I'm a fan of speakers with good bass that doesn't get muddy when loud, which, as far as I know, is hard to do..now, of course, I have never heard a pair of speakers or receivers combo that cost maybe $500-$750 each so you may laugh, but, surely you have heard that said before, right? (Or, that the smallest minority may be the most vocal. I can go on YouTube and find videos making fun of Bose speakers for no bass. This doesn't make sense to me, as an Acoustimass 7 used a dedicated subwoofer for its setup.. but still, some quip "All highs, no lows? Must be Bose." But they are very very good speakers. I would go spend money and seek out some other kinds but.. well let me pause, have you heard this said about some good sounding stuff may not sound good to some.)
Yep, loudspeakers definitely have individual tastes. Me, I prefer horns. But to make a horn sound good, you have to have an insane amount of power behind them. Electro Voice will always be my favorite. Yamaha and Martin make some amazing sounding commercial speakers too. But to make them sound the way they're supposed to, they require a wall full of power amplifiers(y)

Anyone ever notice how bad sequels usually are? The first Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street are terrifying, but all the sequels are just basically bad comedy :ROFLMAO: . It's so hilarious how Jason will always catch his victims......they are running full speed while he's just casually walking, but he always catches them haha!:ROFLMAO:

Howard The Duck
Terminator Dark Fate
Terminator Genisys
John Carter of Mars
Batman And Robin
Catwoman

I agree with your list. I'd add The Phantom Menace to that list.

Anyone ever notice how bad sequels usually are? The first Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street are terrifying, but all the sequels are just basically bad comedy :ROFLMAO: . It's so hilarious how Jason will always catch his victims......they are running full speed while he's just casually walking, but he always catches them haha!:ROFLMAO:
Godfather 1 & 2 are masterpieces.
Godfather 3 was awful.

Or, alternate title.. "What movies do you feel are not very well done?"

I will start.. Most, if not all, Steven Seagal movies, particularly the more recent ones.

Now, everyone will feel a "bad" movie is something different, so, if you want to post a bit about why you choose what you post as a bad movie, that's fine too.

Steven Seagal, he has been nicknamed Mr. Never Gets A Scratch.
Worst movie I've ever seen was Eraserhead. I guess I just did not get it!

NBC broadcast the "Friday Night Film Festival" years ago. They were odd movies from '50's and '60's France, England and Italy mostly. I liked looking at them and that no doubt put me on a different movie appreciation path.
Stars, even stars I like, can overpower scenes. Give me good story and discernable speech I can take it from there. Big demerits for stupid use of the "F" word and mean social stuff.
See: "Absolute Beginners", L.A. Confidential, The Usual Suspects. My pre/early teen years got Bullit, The French Connection, MASH, You Only Live Twice....

Is something like "Shaft" eligible for a "So Bad It's Good" mention?

MST3K disappointed in that the captives at Gizmodronics (talk about implausible) couldn't maintain consistent banter.....and so many of the films were so bad. A pal had scores of them on VHS. Today they're landfill.

Back