Bad Experience With Castrol GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Doug C:
...... thought Castrol was "the oil". Ended up warping the head. The car never was right after that.

Cheers, Doug

So, you warp your cylinder head and you want to blame the oil? I dunno, friend.
rolleyes.gif
A warped head could be due to any number of causes, with the brand and make of oil being the most unlikely.

Like my mechanic once said to me back when I used to drive Fords, "Buy a different brand of car, a**hole!"

Originally Posted By: engineer20
How is chevron supreme compared to pennzoil yellow bottle or castrol gtx?

Chevron Supreme is superior to PYB and GTX in every way.

It's also has a remarkable resemblance to Corona Extra.
beer3.gif

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Yikes. Half the folks currently on this board were still in diapers when this thread was originally posted.

LOL...good one, Pop!

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

beer3.gif

Merk. Newer members are starting to refer you as troll and tagline. With bologna like this I can see why.

Originally Posted By: dave1251

beer3.gif

Merk. Newer members are starting to refer you as troll and tagline. With bologna like this I can see why.

I'm finding it hard to believe Merk just talked about some oil without mentioning SuperTech or Citgo. That just blew my mind

beer3.gif

In this case though, I'd say he was really just trolling the troll. Look who it was he responded to.

I have half a mind to stay out the Passenger Car Motor Oil section. You guys have no sense of humor at all.

Originally Posted By: engineer20
How is chevron supreme compared to pennzoil yellow bottle or castrol gtx?

Part of me wants to wait 10 years before answering this question.

I really like Chevron Supreme and Havoline oil (Havoline is owned by Chevron), they seem to always put up good UOA numbers. I think Chevron Supreme is one of the best conventional oils, it's right up there with PYB in my book. If you can get it at a good price locally, use it with confidence.

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
Why post an unrelated question in someone's 10 1/2 year old thread!!!!?

Why not?

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Yikes. Half the folks currently on this board were still in diapers when this thread was originally posted.

Pffft LMAO.

I have half a mind to stay out the Passenger Car Motor Oil section. You guys have no sense of humor at all.

Aww, Merk, I actually find your posts funny. Don't leave PCMO!

Originally Posted By: sicko

Part of me wants to wait 10 years before answering this question.

Oh now... good ol' engineer20 just can't help himself sometimes. He may not always post at the most opportune times or places, but how can you say it don't liven things up a bit around here?

I would'nt use Castroil on a bike chain. I had the same problem with Castroil GTX, never went back to it. Possibly a good oil, but it's hard to get a bad taste out of you're mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back