Bad Day( Prices & Availability )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Made PP look like grand theft at $18.75. When I seen that I had the urge to buy a bunch of PP for the fleet in case it went up.

$18.75 is cheaper than the regular price for a five litre jug of any conventional up here, let alone PP. Count your blessings.
wink.gif

No kidding! Americans would have a heart attack when they see Castrol Edge is priced at $48 for a small 4.4L jug here at Walmart and I don't even want to know what Canadian Tire charges for it! Yikes!

As the great Aretha Franklin once sang:

"R. E. B. A. T. E. S."

I'm stocked up on either high mileage blend or synthetic oil for ~2 years now. All less than $1/qt including tax & stamps. I had to restock as my previous supply ran low over the last few years -- log on to BITOG, read through the rebates/coupons forum and found a bunch of deals and then I'm set again.

Just because something is listed at a high retail price, doesn't mean that is what you have to pay for it.

Originally Posted By: Patman
No kidding! Americans would have a heart attack when they see Castrol Edge is priced at $48 for a small 4.4L jug here at Walmart and I don't even want to know what Canadian Tire charges for it! Yikes!

I'm too scared to look at Edge. It's the old I dare not look, yet I cannot look away thing. It's quality oil that would be neat to try, but when Royal Purple's price point blows it out of the water, we have a problem.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

They blammed the price of crude. I called BULL on it to all of them. Crude is only in the low to mid 80's. If it is crude based why is the oil almost 2X's as much as it was selling for when crude was $95, $100, $120 $140, etc... a barrel?

Don't blame the oil companies. You can thank Ben Bernanke, Money Printer in Chief, of the Federal Reserve, and his co-conspirators in DC.

Good ol' Ben has promised to keep interest rates nailed to the floor through 2013, so expect more of this.

An for what it's worth, Brent is probably a better measure of the real cost of oil these days - $110ish this morning.

Originally Posted By: Patman
Originally Posted By: Garak
Made PP look like grand theft at $18.75. When I seen that I had the urge to buy a bunch of PP for the fleet in case it went up.

$18.75 is cheaper than the regular price for a five litre jug of any conventional up here, let alone PP. Count your blessings.
wink.gif

Thats why I said it was like grand theft oil. Still so tempting to pick up about 5 of the 5W20 and 6 of the 5W30 to keep the fleet oiled for the next two years. Only thing holding me back is that is over $200 of oil. I could do it just fine and it will save me money in the long run, but still... $200.

Thats why I said it was like grand theft oil. Still so tempting to pick up about 5 of the 5W20 and 6 of the 5W30 to keep the fleet oiled for the next two years. Only thing holding me back is that is over $200 of oil. I could do it just fine and it will save me money in the long run, but still... $200.

On the plus side, even with price increases, even we Canadians can find the occasional deal. They're not as good or as frequent as you guys get, but it's acceptable, I guess. I don't hoard too much oil, at least I don't think so. I'll have to take another picture of the stash and post it in that thread and let you guys judge. I don't think it's gone down much, though. The last PYB sale ensnared me.

Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Yep, I'm just glad that I bought sooooo much clearance oil over the years to last my family cars for the next 15 years (no kidding).

Wow. I thought I was bad at 185 quarts.

But I agree, buying on sale is where it's at!

I got about 170 quarts but it seems like when I use up 20 quarts, I will find more oil on clearance and buy another 20 quarts. I still have some SL rated oil in my oil reserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back