Back and forth with RP guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pablo I'm another who is ignorant to Amsoil's way of selling to the public, and I will also be honest I thought the exact same thing about Amsoil being a pyramid scheme of selling/marketing. I'm not trying to jump on a bandwagon against you either, I'm being honest, it would be nice if you could start a new post explaining how the marketing with Amsoil works... I for one would like to be informed. I have noticed that many Amsoil posters here are stand up, Pablo is one of them.. I don't think the RP guy made an intentional stab at Amsoil. I have seen several Amsoil posters here on this forum, and most of them would never give out a private email exchange like this, even if the RP guy was slinging mud all over Amsoil they would have the respect, or maybe it's class..not sure of the correct term to tag this with.

The RP guy seems like he is honestly trying to have a conversation with someone withholding information, he is going out of his way to extract information needed within the conversation to do so !!! I will give the RP guy two thumbs up, and would look more at their product now after the bait and wait tactic of the OP, the RP guy came out with much class.

This thread may even become more interesting as it is not far fetched from the OP being a bait and wait sentimentalist to be doing the exact same thing here in this post. If the email turns out bad, then he has already achieved the idiocy type one sided argument to set the hook when post a turn around in the private conversation between he, and the RP tech.

Last edited:
Wow, this thread is a giant waste of time and resources. Here's a summary:

RP = good oil

Amsoil = good oil

Unions = enter_your_preference_here

MLM = Multi Level Marketing - a completely legal and valid business structure to distribute products that provides many individuals with small business opportunities. Small Business = backbone of economies.

Pyramid Scheme = an illegal business structure that screws people over.

MLM =\ Pyramid Scheme

=\ -> means not equal to

Everyone please jump over and engage in other more positive threads.

Pardon, but this is in NO way negative.
I think you should go back and re-read what we've recently added here.
We are aware of the differences, and said as much.
Doesn't mean I like them - I don't.
If I have to order my oil online, though a dealer, or any other method than opening a door at my local shop, I'm not doing it.
No bashing of Amsoil folks - only a dislike for the method.
Please allow us to have an adult discussion without the nannying?

Pretty much all threads are a complete waste of time, money, and resources.

OCI= follow your manufacture = owners manual

Viscosity = Again follow owners manual/ manufacture

Pretty much any question asked here can be found in your owners manual, or the internet for documentation, technical information etc etc

This is a discussion forum, it's for discussion, just because your not interested does not mean others do not want to discuss it, and by the number of post..it looks like people would like to discuss this. I have not seen any flame wars, nor even a heated discussion, we may even learn some things before it's over with !

Originally Posted By: rclint
Pablo I'm another who is ignorant to Amsoil's way of selling to the public, and I will also be honest I thought the exact same thing about Amsoil being a pyramid scheme of selling/marketing. I'm not trying to jump on a bandwagon against you either, I'm being honest, it would be nice if you could start a new post explaining how the marketing with Amsoil works... I for one would like to be informed. I have noticed that many Amsoil posters here are stand up, Pablo is one of them.. I don't think the RP guy made an intentional stab at Amsoil. I have seen several Amsoil posters here on this forum, and most of them would never give out a private email exchange like this, even if the RP guy was slinging mud all over Amsoil they would have the respect, or maybe it's class..not sure of the correct term to tag this with.

The RP guy seems like he is honestly trying to have a conversation with someone withholding information, he is going out of his way to extract information needed within the conversation to do so !!! I will give the RP guy two thumbs up, and would look more at their product now after the bait and wait tactic of the OP, the RP guy came out with much class.

This thread may even become more interesting as it is not far fetched from the OP being a bait and wait sentimentalist to be doing the exact same thing here in this post. If the email turns out bad, then he has already achieved the idiocy type one sided argument to set the hook when post a turn around in the private conversation between he, and the RP tech.

This might help clear things up, just some quick searching of terms, to refresh my memory.

Multi-level marketing (MLM), (also called network marketing direct selling referral marketing, and pyramid selling is a term that describes a marketing structure used by some companies as part of their overall marketing strategy.

Pyramid Scheme-A pyramid scheme is a non-sustainable business model that involves the exchange of money primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, often without any product or service being delivered.

It is very easy for someone just learning that Amsoil's business model MLM is very similar to pyramid selling. Pyramid selling is not the same thing as a pyramid scheme, it is however very similar to MLM. At least what I remember from business school in the late 1970's.

Nowhere did I mention Pyramid Scheme. What Amsoil is doing is perfectly legal, and common. However the cost of paying the people commissions in these types of businesses is typically built into the price of the product.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: rclint

This might help clear things up, just some quick searching of terms, to refresh my memory.

Multi-level marketing (MLM), (also called network marketing direct selling referral marketing, and pyramid selling is a term that describes a marketing structure used by some companies as part of their overall marketing strategy.

Pyramid Scheme-A pyramid scheme is a non-sustainable business model that involves the exchange of money primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, often without any product or service being delivered.

It is very easy for someone just learning that Amsoil's business model MLM is very similar to pyramid selling. Pyramid selling is not the same thing as a pyramid scheme, it is however very similar to MLM. At least what I remember from business school in the late 1970's.

Nowhere did I mention Pyramid Scheme. What Amsoil is doing is perfectly legal, and common. However the cost of paying the people commissions in these types of businesses is typically built into the price of the product.

Is it safe to say that this MLM is adding about 30% to the cost of Amsoil Products.

I see a thread titled 'Back and Forth with RP guy' and I expect to read some interesting information provided by an RP rep about RP products. Instead it's a staring contest between a newbie and a commendable RP staff member, then we're off to the races towards any topic except RP products. If this were about RP products, or more specifically PCMO (this forum title), I'd love to be part of the discussion.

FYI: BITOG has a 'General and Off Topic' and even a 'Humor' forum. Use them.

Enough 'nannying'!

/unsubscribed

Originally Posted By: webfors
I see a thread titled 'Back and Forth with RP guy' and I expect to read some interesting information provided by an RP rep about RP products. Instead it's a staring contest between a newbie and a commendable RP staff member, then we're off to the races towards any topic except RP products. If this were about RP products, or more specifically PCMO (this forum title), I'd love to be part of the discussion.

FYI: BITOG has a 'General and Off Topic' and even a 'Humor' forum. Use them.

Enough 'nannying'!

/unsubscribed

Trying to clear some confusion, that's all. It took off in another direction, typical lately, people are getting confused about MLM.

Originally Posted By: DieselTech
Worthless thread completely. Lets just jun k this and start over

Good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back