Average vehicle age sets a record at 11.8 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my Clubman, Club Sport, and Wrangler- but I also like a lot of the new technology as well. It's nice to have a car that can run the quarter in under 13 seconds yet average 27+ mpg in suburban driving and over 33 mpg on the interstate.
I also used to disparage all of the modern telematics found in many of today's cars, but having used the systems in my 2er I find that I miss them in my older cars. When I'm on the road that technology is a godsend.

Originally Posted by TiredTrucker
Originally Posted by camryrolla
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/06/27/record-average-age-cars-on-road/

Anything to avoid a new car payment.

I suppose, but when one has vehicle that looks and runs great, why get rid of it? For some higher priced POS? We keep our 2006 Cadillac CTS because it just plain runs well and is a great car. Built in 2005 so coming up on 14 years early this fall. Will stay with us for a while longer.

Yep. There is absolutely no reason the ditch a trouble free vehicle.

Originally Posted by hatt
Originally Posted by TiredTrucker
Originally Posted by camryrolla
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/06/27/record-average-age-cars-on-road/

Anything to avoid a new car payment.

I suppose, but when one has vehicle that looks and runs great, why get rid of it? For some higher priced POS? We keep our 2006 Cadillac CTS because it just plain runs well and is a great car. Built in 2005 so coming up on 14 years early this fall. Will stay with us for a while longer.

Yep. There is absolutely no reason the ditch a trouble free vehicle.

========================================================
And how many times have you seen someone bash an old car for needing a repair - yet that repair bill might be the cost of one single payment and good to go for a while

Another thing that comes to mind is the "gotcha" BC I read the back of the bottle over warranty with long run oils … yet as I have pointed out before - millions are on the road long past warranty ...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Troy
I have a 05 corolla 176k runs great everything works i'm just tired of driving it.

As a adult I'm always glad to see a vehicle go , as a child I always felt dad when Dad traded a car in .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back