Autozone Brand Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost positive it's made by Warren-Unilube which is not the same as Warren Performance Products (WPP).

Originally Posted By: pbm
I almost positive it's made by Warren-Unilube which is not the same as Warren Performance Products (WPP).

+1

Thks.I noticed they had the 5qt jug of 5W30 for 12.99 with API seal.Thought it would b a good oil without all the fancy labels and advertising.

The oil is a fine motor oil. I've seen VOA's that tend to tell the story that it isn't loaded with a large add-pack, but it will get the job done comfortably well. If you follow your manufacturer's oil change interval any in-house brand motor oil will work (that is api certified, of course). It's when you expect to have extended oci, or need your motor oil to provide something out of the ordinary (better cleaning, premium high-heat stability,etc). If you chose to use the product, be comfortable that you made a good choice.

Well funny thing is Peak is WPP and Autozone oil is in the same EXACT bottle as Peak. Quarts and 5.1 quart jugs. Even has WPP on the bottle.

Originally Posted By: SEMI_287
Well funny thing is Peak is WPP and Autozone oil is in the same EXACT bottle as Peak. Quarts and 5.1 quart jugs. Even has WPP on the bottle.

If it has WPP on the jug, it's made by Warren Performance Products who also makes WM Supertech, Peak, and Mag 1.
AZ oil used to be made by Warren-Unilube...I don't know when they changed.
It would have to be good deal for me to use it over name brand oil.

Look on the bottom of the bottle for WPP or WNE. That's Warren Dist (Mag1) if it has a WU on it, that's Warren Unilube (Coastal). Both are ok product. I use WPP product regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back