auto trans cleaners

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is it on this forum - everyone talks about using AUTO-RX or others like SEA FOAM as cleaners in trans and engine.. but as for the trans - every other web forum says NO, NO ,NO.. big mistake... just wondering..

ps: I have a cummins diesel 2004.5 with a 48RE auto trans.. was wondering about puting in some cleaner at 35,000 miles since I did run it low for a little bit.. have changed out 9 quarts but am going to do it again as a manual (complete return line change).. was wondering about puting in som cleaner before I do it..

I wouldn't, considering the low mileage and the robustness of ATF+4. I'd wait until the next fluid change before considering the usage of Auto-RX.

What ATF+4 fluid are you planning to use?

If you use any cleaner, use only Auto-Rx. I've used it with much better results than the solvent type transmission flush products.

Ken

Dont waste your time, money, and possibly warranty--I swapped my 48RE behind Cummins fluid at 35K and it was still in good shape, even though most of my miles are towing. The internals were spotless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back