'07 Tundra, no known trans fluid changes at 144k

Hopefully you guys actually put on the final sales order what really needed replaced 🤣

"Visual inspection and free diagnosis confirms that part XYZ needs replaced to resolve customer's original issue"

That might be too bold though, yeah ?

Hopefully you guys actually put on the final sales order what really needed replaced 🤣

"Visual inspection and free diagnosis confirms that part XYZ needs replaced to resolve customer's original issue"

That might be too bold though, yeah ?
Depends on whether or not the advisor had their coffee/energy drink haha. I've seen everything from "Part X replaced per customer request. Part Y needed to resolve customer concern." to "Part X replaced per customer request. Customer did not share or verify concern at this time." or my favourite "Part X replaced per customer request against recommendation for diagnostics to be performed."

Depends on whether or not the advisor had their coffee/energy drink haha. I've seen everything from "Part X replaced per customer request. Part Y needed to resolve customer concern." to "Part X replaced per customer request. Customer did not share or verify concern at this time." or my favourite "Part X replaced per customer request against recommendation for diagnostics to be performed."
Customer authorized MOC Wallet Flush.

(Oh wait, service writer sold it.)

I can't tell you how many times I did drain and fills at Lexus on vehicles over 100k per customer request just to test drive it and feel torque convertor shudder afterwards that wasn't there before. I would leave it alone.
In principle, any quantity of new fluid should improve the fluid's anti-shudder performance.

But in reality, voodoo can happen.

I’ve purchased most of my car with over 100,000 miles, and have absolutely changed atf in all of them. I generally do it via 2-4 drain/fills over time, especially if it’s got a lot of miles on it. Those aisin transmissions generally stay very clean; it’s not being held together and sealed by the mythical sludge accumulated over years of use.

I owned a 2006, purchased at 103k miles. All 3 owners towed heavy with it. I put amsoil and a spin-on filter on it and continued to tow with it. Great truck. It did well with amsoil. Enjoy it!

Back