22 bronco MTI550 trans fluid

Hoping you guys can help me out here. I've got a 2022 bronco with the 7 speed manual. I want to change my trans fluid as I'm around 32k now and there's been a handful of synchro failures and figure its prudent to do so.

I've used redline mt fluids in the past with good luck so I'm leaning that direction here. According to their site I should be running the MT-LV (I think roughly 3qts). Now im wondering if I can substitute one of those quarts with a bottle of the superlight shockproof fluid as extra precaution with those pesky synchros? Anybody think this is a bad idea? I had done something similar with my 13 TDI and had no issues but I realize this is a different beast altogether.

Thanks!

You have the powetrain warranty active, so make sure to use an approved fluid while under warranty. Don't give Ford any excuse to deny warranty coverage in-case of an issue in the future. Experiment with the additives after that time.

Probably you should have changed the fluids 25,000 miles ago but oil choice will not help correct a poor design run a thicker ATF that is red if you think an oil upgrade would help.. Remember it is on Ford to prove the lube caused the problem.

Last edited:
Hoping you guys can help me out here. I've got a 2022 bronco with the 7 speed manual. I want to change my trans fluid as I'm around 32k now and there's been a handful of synchro failures and figure its prudent to do so.

I've used redline mt fluids in the past with good luck so I'm leaning that direction here. According to their site I should be running the MT-LV (I think roughly 3qts). Now im wondering if I can substitute one of those quarts with a bottle of the superlight shockproof fluid as extra precaution with those pesky synchros? Anybody think this is a bad idea? I had done something similar with my 13 TDI and had no issues but I realize this is a different beast altogether.

Thanks!
Their shockproof fluids should not be used in manual transmissions because they contain a component that conflicts with the friction modifier.

MT-LV is of the correct viscosity and has a dedicated MTF additive package.

Based on the function of synchros, I’m not sure early fluid changes would help? MT fluid does not age quickly in a manual transmission.

are the failures common, and is the mode of failure understood?

I do agree with above - nothing but ford juice while in warranty - you don’t want them denying a potential future claim.

7 gears is a lot to row!

Back