Auto-RX Shocker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Corection: That reads "peace" of mind

We just thought that you were into the Dr. Lector cook book.

"I ate his liver with some faber beans and a nice chianti
drool.gif
"

Quote:

You mean fava beans?

Maybe.
confused.gif
I just googled it and that's what puked out. I've never eaten them.

Try it. Dr. Lector "I ate his liver ..

Both come up ..but I just grabbed the first one
dunno.gif

""If the filter clogs, it can lead to oil consumption. It was explained to me that the filter goes into "by-pass" mode which then allows oil to seep past the rings.""

Now how is that?? when a filter bypass's the oil stays in
the filter abd cintinues on its way without going through the filter media thats all has NO effect on oil consumption or ring leakage. Blocked PVC may have more to do with that.
bruce

bruce,
This was a long time ago when it was explained so I may be slightly off. Though TooSlick just made a comment on another thread.

Quote:

the filter could simply be clogged with sludge and be in bypass mode. Dirty oil does a poor job of sealing around the piston rings and consumption will markedly increase

That makes sense to me, so it's not just because of the by-pass mode of the filter, but because of the dirtier oil not sealing good enough around the piston rings.

I ordered a four pack about two years ago. I was using a quart/700 miles. turns out my rear main seal was the culprit and it "popped" out.

I know that a four pack of 16 ounces, is cheaper than a six pack of 12 ounces units, normally. But what do you mean by the rear main seal "popped out"? Resealed from cleansing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back