Auto-RX MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 89 Ford Taurus SHO
Miles on vehicle before treatment: Dont remember exactly
Condition of vehicle before treatment: A little on the sluggish side, burning lots of oil, constant rough idle.
Did you deviate from the recommended Auto-RX treatment? If so, how?: Only a little. Anytime I would have to add a quart or so of oil after 500 or 600 miles, I would add the amount of ARX that goes for a quart of oil. Recharging the burned ARX
What oil did you use for the clean phase?: Castrol GTX 5W30
What oil did you use for the rinse phase?: Castrol GTX 5W30
After completion of the rinse phase, please note any changes that you noticed: I'm in my second clean cycle but what I did notice from the first rinse cycle was that the car was throwing me to the back of my seat somewhat harder, and it has stopped burning oil in the 1000-3500 RPM range. Also, it has yet to idle rough since the first rinse.
Do you have UOA from before and after?: no
Do you have any additional test data to offer?:no
Final comments?:I know the reason why my SHO burns oil. Valve stem seals. I havent been able to do the work to alleviate that. Auto RX has help to reduce the amount of oil that is burning and has restored power that was lost probably from the previous owners lack of care for the car. I will use Auto RX on any car that I own from here on out.

Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
Miles on vehicle before treatment: 53,000
Condition of vehicle before treatment: No problems
Did you deviate from the recommended Auto-RX treatment? If so, how?: No
What oil did you use for the clean phase?: Valvoline 5W 30
What oil did you use for the rinse phase?: Havoline 5W 30
After completion of the rinse phase, please note any changes that you noticed: None. The oil didn't even get dark.
Do you have UOA from before and after?: No
Do you have any additional test data to offer?:No
Final comments?: I used Auto-rx as preventative maintenance. I had no problems before I used it and I have seen no changes since I completed the treatment.

92 Honda Civic: 137,000 miles: I bought this car used: I did not deviate from the recommended Auto-RX treatment: Delvac 1300 15W-40 for cleaning phase: NAPA 10W-30 dino for the rinse phase.:
posted June 20, 2005 04:19 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
....my oil leak is gone.

I had a main seal leak that I was planning to get repaired when I have the timing belt replaced.

But I wanted to see if ARX could stop seal leaks, and it would help me put off having to pay for the timing belt replacement.

Everyday before I leave work, I would look under my car and see this softball size oil puddle on the parking lot.

So I started using the ARX. I would check under the car to see if the leak stopped, but it was always there. Then during the rinse phase I would still check. Still there.

I finally thought that maybe I had a cracked seal but the treatment would still be good for the inside of the engine.

I didn't check under the car for weeks, but Friday I thought why not give it another look.

BINGO, it was not there. I didn't believe my eyes, so I looked up toward the radiator area then back around the cat area. No signs of any oil at all on the parking lot.

:

quote:

Originally posted by kreigle:
Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 1991 Honda Prelude SI 2.05
Miles on vehicle before treatment: 171170
Condition of vehicle before treatment: Fair. Top end of engine covered with dark brown varnish? and hard flaky coke-like deposits. Oil consumption 1 qt every 300-600mi. (no smoke) compression: 1-205; 2-195;3-190;4-200
Did you deviate from the recommended Auto-RX treatment? If so, how? : Added LC to rinse oil 300 mi into rinse phase; started using FP at same time.
What oil did you use for the clean phase?: Rotella-T 15W-40
What oil did you use for the rinse phase?: Delvac 1300 15W-40
After completion of the rinse phase, please note any changes that you noticed: Might idle smoother, has more low-end torque (can go up hills in higher gears) - oil consumption currently unchanged, engine deposits unchanged. compression: 1-185; 2-180;3-180;4-185
Do you have any additional test data to offer?: No
Final comments?: Will soon be starting 2nd clean phase using ST 5W-30.

I finished the second cycle:

Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 1991 Honda Prelude SI 2.05
Miles on vehicle before treatment: 176261
Condition of vehicle before treatment: Fair. Top end of engine covered with dark brown varnish? and hard flaky coke-like deposits. Oil consumption 1 qt every 300-600mi. (no smoke) compression: 1-205; 2-195;3-190;4-200
Did you deviate from the recommended Auto-RX treatment? If so, how? : No.
What oil did you use for the clean phase?: 10w-30 Pennzoil + PureOne filter
What oil did you use for the rinse phase?: 5w30 Shell + Autozone ProGrip filter
After completion of the rinse phase, please note any changes that you noticed: No change from above. If anything, the head and valve cover have even more deposits on them. The inside of the valve cover is now totally black and slimy.
Do you have any additional test data to offer?: No
Final comments?: I have noticed no change in oil consumption or compression readings and looking in the oil filler hole, my engine continues to get dirtier than ever. Notice the change in color from when I started (brown varnish) to now (black slime). I have noticed no effort at cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back