Pennzoil 10W-30

After completion of the rinse phase, please note any changes that you noticed:
None

Do you have UOA from before and after?:
No

Do you have any additional test data to offer?:
No

Final comments?:
It didn't really do anything for me except make me change my oil a lot over a short period of time. I can't say it was worth it. I also used it in my P/S and my manual transmission. It did not stop the leak in the P/S and did nothing for the transmission.

code:

Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 1995 Chevrolet Caprice w/ 5.7 L LT1
Miles on vehicle before treatment: 138,528
Condition of vehicle before treatment: used 1 pint oil in 3000 miles
Did you deviate from the recommended Auto-RX treatment? No
What oil did you use for the clean phase?: Penzoil 5W30
What oil did you use for the rinse phase?: Penzoil 5W30
After completion of the rinse phase, please note any changes that you noticed: no measurable oil consumption after treatment
Do you have UOA from before and after?: before no, after yes
Do you have any additional test data to offer?: no
Final comments?: I am pleased. Use it in all my cars. This car was in law enforcement service before I got it. While they maintained it well, it saw severe duty and when I removed the intake manifold there were minor deposits that I wanted to remove.
Terry

[ September 12, 2004, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: 9c1 ]

This is not a mistake. This is a different Chevrolet Caprice from the same department as the car in the above post. One can never have too many former police cars.

code:

Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 1995 Chevrolet Caprice w/ 5.7 L LT1
Miles on vehicle before treatment: 120,234
Condition of vehicle before treatment: used 1 qt oil in 3000 miles
Did you deviate from the recommended Auto-RX treatment? No
What oil did you use for the clean phase?: Penzoil 5W30
What oil did you use for the rinse phase?: Penzoil 10W30
After completion of the rinse phase, please note any changes that you noticed: no measurable oil consumption after treatment
Do you have UOA from before and after?: before no, after yes See link
http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001797
Do you have any additional test data to offer?: no
Final comments?: Another police car from the same department as above post.
Terry

Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 1994 Nissan XE King Cab
Miles on vehicle before treatment: 137500 Condition of vehicle before treatment: Runs great mileage bad and oil leak
Did you deviate from the recommended Auto-RX treatment? If so, how?: No
What oil did you use for the treatment?: Super Tech 5/30
After completion of the rinse phase, please note any changes that you noticed: I have another 1600 miles till I drain.
Do you have UOA from before and after?: No
Do you have any additional test data to offer?: No
Final comments?: The truck runs better than before no oil leak. I forgot to mention I put in Chevron Supream10/30 for the rince cycle and my mileage is better too.

Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 1996 Ford Contour SE 2.5L V6
Miles on vehicle before treatment: 107000
Condition of vehicle before treatment: oil leaks, lost 1 quart/3000 miles, bought used at 71,000 with unknown oil change history
What oil did you use for the clean phase?: 1st, Mobil Drive Clean, 2nd, Havoline
What oil did you use for the rinse phase?:
1st, Mobil Drive Clean, 2nd, Pennzoil
After completion of the rinse phase, please note any changes that you noticed: Oil leak greatly reduced, no noticeable consumption after 2000 miles on current oil (Mobil Drive Clean).
Do you have UOA from before and after?: no Do you have any additional test data to offer?: No
Final comments?: Oil seems to be staying cleaner too.

Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 1997 Ford F-Superduty 460 V8
Miles on vehicle before treatment: 85,000
Condition of vehicle before treatment: Very neglected fleet vehicle
Did you deviate from the recommended Auto-RX treatment? If so, how?: Nope.
What oil did you use for the clean phase?:Bulk Fleet 15w40
What oil did you use for the rinse phase?: Bulk Fleet 15w40
After completion of the rinse phase, please note any changes that you noticed: Oil consumption almost gone. Blowby into the breather filter greatly reduced. No more tick/slap on cold starts. Engine sounds better when runnning. Varnish coating on dipstick gone. Had a fair amount of "gunk" in both 'clean' and 'rinse' filters.
Do you have UOA from before and after?:Nope
Do you have any additional test data to offer?:Nope
Final comments?: Definitely made an improvement in this neglected vehicle.
grin.gif

Vehicle Year/Make/Model: '94 Mercedes S500 Cpe
Miles on vehicle before treatment: 105K
Condition of vehicle before treatment: Excellent
Did you deviate from the recommended Auto-RX treatment? If so, how?: Only needed one treatment; did not do the 'rinse' phase.
What oil did you use for the clean phase?: Castrol Hi Vis 20W-50W
What oil did you use for the rinse phase?: N/A
After completion of the rinse phase, please note any changes that you noticed: Gas mileage improved as did the power; ie acceleration.
Do you have any additional test data to offer?: Still use 5-6oz at EVERY oil change.
Final comments?: Car runs as good as new; passed CA smog w/ 1ppm in all catagories.

Vehicle Year/Make/Model:
1987 GMC S-15 Jimmy (2.8L TBI)

Miles on vehicle before treatment:

Condition of vehicle before treatment:
Good overall. Some engine noises, but averaged 20 mpg, ran pretty smooth.

Did you deviate from the recommended Auto-RX treatment? If so, how?:
No, standard double treatment
What oil did you use for the clean phase?:
Delvac 15W40
What oil did you use for the rinse phase?:
First Rinse=Supertech 10W30, Second Rinse=Motorcraft 15W40

After completion of the rinse phase, please note any changes that you noticed:
Rinse oil was pretty dark, espicially the last couple of oz that drained.

Do you have UOA from before and after?:
Not that are meaningful for comparision.
Do you have any additional test data to offer?:
Ran Supertech or AC filters. Switched to M1 5W40 after final rinse.

Final comments?:
No change in mileage, or in sludge on heads. a slight film of varnish was removed from the dipstick. Engine noises seem significantly louder. Overall, I was disappointed not to see progess on the sludge or noises, and wish that I hadn't bothered with the second cycle. However, I will probably try ARX on another car, and simply beleive that there wasn't much for it to do on the Jimmy.

Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 1997.5 Buick Regal GS
Miles on vehicle before treatment: 109,000
Condition of vehicle before treatment: Pretty good. I bought the car w/60k miles on it and I've fed it mainly Synthetic oil w/ 5k oil changes. Previous owner had oil changed every 5-6k w/ Dino.
What oil did you use for the treatment?: Delo 15w40 (4 quarts) w/ 1 quart of M1-Syn 5w30.
After completion of the rinse phase, please note any changes that you noticed: Slightly smoother idle and the engine seems to run quieter.
Final comments?: Inside engine view from where you add oil, the engine is cleaner. Slight increase in gas mileage. No leaks before or after treatment. Since it has over 100k miles on it, I may run one more treatment this coming spring.

Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, 3800 V6
Miles on vehicle before treatment: 109,500
Condition of vehicle before treatment: Pretty decent, though oil consumption was starting to show up in 6000 mile OCI's with M1
What oil did you use for the treatment?: Pennzoil 10w-30
After completion of the rinse phase, please note any changes that you noticed: In progress
Final comments?: Im hoping for at the very least a bit of a mpg increase and a reduction in the small amount of consumption during my oci's.

Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 1999 Lexus GS400
Miles on vehicle before treatment: 52,000
Condition of vehicle before treatment: Excellent. Bought the car at 30,000. The previous owner had been going to the dealership for oil changes (dyno oil). I started using Mobil 1 synthetic with OEM oil filter as soon as I got it, but this was my first (and only to date) Auto-RX treatment
What oil did you use for the clean phase?: Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w-30
What oil did you use for the rinse phase?: Mobil non-synthetic 5w-30
After completion of the rinse phase, please note any changes that you noticed: None
Final comments?: I didn't notice any difference before and after auto-rx, but that's not saying much as the motor was completely silent and smooth before treatment. Never had any noticable issues with gas milage or acceleration either, so this was more just maintenance and me having fun then it was fixing anything.

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION CLEANING
Vehicle Year/Make/Model:
1996 Volvo turbo
Miles on vehicle before treatment: 114,000
Condition of vehicle before treatment: transmission beginning to shift harshly
What oil did you use for the clean phase?: Amsoil ATF with 50,000 miles on it
What oil did you use for the rinse phase?: Chevron ATF
After completion of the rinse phase, please note any changes that you noticed: Still rinsing, shifting smoother already
Final comments?: I'll complete the "rinse" with 3 oz. of Auto-Rx and Chevron ATF, then change to Schaeffer #204SAT ATF. This Volvo uses Dexron ATF.

Ken

Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
Miles on vehicle before treatment: 96K
Condition of vehicle before treatment: Good condition, unknown past
What oil did you use for the treatment?: Castrol GTX 10w30
After completion of the rinse phase, please note any changes that you noticed: Had to top the car off with about .5 quart for the first time since i bought it 9 months ago
Final comments?: Oil was nasty in both swaps, but i haven't noticed any difference in power, gas mileage, smoothness, etc. Don't really know if i would use it again. Might run what i have left through in the spring if i still have the car, IF the dissappearing oil continues

Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 1996 Saab 900S 2.3l 16 valve, normally-aspirated

Miles on vehicle before treatment: 61,300

Condition of vehicle before treatment: vehicle was/is in excellent condition. It has had all of its routine maintenance performed appropriately, to include a full-service BG fluid flush (oil, fuel, brakes, steering, and coolant) approximately 25,000 miles ago, during a major tune-up.

Did you deviate from the recommended Auto-RX treatment? If so, how?: Yes. My car takes 4.1 quarts of oil, which corresponded to less than a full bottle of Auto-RX, but I added the entire bottle anyway.

What oil did you use for the treatment?: Valvoline bulk 5w30 from the local lube shop.

After completion of the rinse phase, please note any changes that you noticed: Engine is running noticeably smoother (and I thought it ran smooth previously, but it really did get even smoother after the cleaning phase.) Lifter noise, which prompted me to try this treatment, is gone.

Final comments?: I didn't see very much particulate matter in the oil filters after either the cleaning or the rinsing phase, but as I mentioned before, I have had a noticeable improvement in engine smoothness, both at idle and under acceleration. Also, I used to get lifter noise when idling for long periods of time in stop-and-go traffic during hot weather, and that has definitely stopped.

I'm surprised at the changes because I have been using Saab Turbo Oil 0W30 for almost the entire life of the vehicle. This is a fairly expensive full synthetic oil which some members of the Firom have commented positively about, and I was sure that it was doing the trick to keep my engine spotless. I guess that there is always some dirt somewhere that needs to be swept away!!

I will definitely do this process again in another 50,000 miles or so, and I will also begin to add 3 ounces as a routine additive during all future oil changes.

Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 1991 Honda Prelude SI 2.05
Miles on vehicle before treatment: 171170
Condition of vehicle before treatment: Fair. Top end of engine covered with dark brown varnish? and hard flaky coke-like deposits. Oil consumption 1 qt every 300-600mi. (no smoke) compression: 1-205; 2-195;3-190;4-200
Did you deviate from the recommended Auto-RX treatment? If so, how? : Added LC to rinse oil 300 mi into rinse phase; started using FP at same time.
What oil did you use for the clean phase?: Rotella-T 15W-40
What oil did you use for the rinse phase?: Delvac 1300 15W-40
After completion of the rinse phase, please note any changes that you noticed: Might idle smoother, has more low-end torque (can go up hills in higher gears) - oil consumption currently unchanged, engine deposits unchanged. compression: 1-185; 2-180;3-180;4-185
Final comments?: Will soon be starting 2nd clean phase using ST 5W-30.

I thought I'd bump this to the top once to allow people to add their experiences, and also to serve as a reference item for those who are curious about trying ARX.

gatchie

Posted - 06/02/2005
This is a follow up of my report on the use of Auto-rx for my 99 Subaru Forester. As I have mentioned, I experienced all positive results after completing the first application. Mileage improved, experienced more power, and quiet idling. At around November, I started smelling combination of oil and coolant burning. Didn’t investigate it since there are no signs of oil/coolant leaks on my garage floor. Around second week of December, I finally decided to look underneath the engine. Lo and behold, I saw small leaks of both oil and coolant dripping towards the exhaust pipes near catalytic converter. The leaks evaporate upon hitting the hot pipes. Every time I come home at night the smell annoys me. I decided to try the maintenance dose but after a couple of months, I didn’t see any improvement. Then, early April this year, when my engine oil got 2000 miles on it, I decided to replace the oil filter and dumped the remaining ten ounces of my Auto-rx into it. After a week of cleaning, I realized that I don’t smell any burning oil/coolant anymore. I looked underneath the engine where I found the leaks before and found it bone dry. I said maybe the leaks will show up again after another week or so. It’s now June and I haven’t smell nor seen any single trace of leaks. I guess this is different than what others are experiencing but I’m not complaining. I’m now on my 800 miles of cleaning. Rinse will follow in accordance with Auto-rx directions. Oh before I forgot, my mileage, idling, and power are even better than after my first cleaning. I know this is really mind boggling and seemed too good to be true. I’m just sharing my different experience and hopefully everyone will take this as just that. I am not trying to convince anybody, just sharing a different kind of experience. I don’t know Frank and anybody else associated with Auto-rx.

Hi,

This is my first time posting on the site. I just wanted to let everyone know that I have used Auto-rx in a 1992 Marquis that had a rear engine seal leak. This car had 127,000 miles. After the clean and rinse phase it took about 3 weeks for the leak to stop. I have since used it in my Dodge Grand Caravan that has 170,000 miles on it. This van had a seal leak and that has stopped. I see no more oil on the driveway. I do know that it is very important to read and follow the direction precisely. I cannot state enough how important it is to read and follow the directions.

Vehicle: 1987 Ford Taurus (3.0 V6)
Miles: 95,000 - first 78k were ugly and not mine.
Condition Before: Ran sloppy, poor idle, wouldn't pass emissions; not badly sludged, however.
Deviation: Ran clean phase only 1,200 miles.
Oil Used: Mobil Clean 5000 (5W-30)
Filters Used (BONUS DATA): Motorcraft FL-400S (clean) and Pure One (rinse)
Changes Noticed: I was able to finally sell the beast! Cleaned the ring packs and improved power and smoothness. And the rear main and front seal leaks disappeared.
Before/After UOAs: No, just the buttometer.
Additional Test Info: My bank balance increased by the full sales price of the car.
Final Comments: If it works half as well in our "new" '97 Volvo 850 (165k miles, but we're keeping it), we'll erect a shrine to the stuff.

I put AutoRX in a 1999 Buick LeSabre Today. Really a great car. It has 97,000 miles with no leaks and while I'm sure it uses some oil, it is minimal. I was hesitant, but, remembered my wifes other LeSabre started getting oil leaks somewhere around this mileage (both 3800 engines). I kept reading how great this product is at this board and I jumped. Now, if it goes to a bad place in a handbasket I'll suffer the consequences and will have to shift some of the blame. Any volunteers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back