Auto-Rx in Acura tranny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transmission fluid maintenance is not a very frequent event in car ownership. The use of ARX to dissolve any gummed up valves or deposits in the torque convertor makes alot of sense. Why put fresh fluid into a dirty envirnoment and run it for 30K,50K, or more miles. Transmission seem to be a weak link in many cars. Most likely due to sparse maintenance.

Ten bucks worth of ARX driven 1000 miles before service is a no brainer to me.

I bite the bullet and put 6 0z of auto-rx. Planning to flush it after 1K miles by t-tec.

I used 6-on of ARX in a dodge van..Ran 1500 miles and drained...I noticed nothing out of the norm on the drain at 15K before Amsoil ATF. Hard to say anything bad or good without UOA.

Originally Posted By: Rick20
Transmission seem to be a weak link in many cars. Most likely due to sparse maintenance.

No they ARE the weak link in almost all cases.

Originally Posted By: Rick20
Anything noticeable with the amsoil intalled?

Amsoil made the tranny shift way better...I still love ARX for an engine cleaner!

Originally Posted By: gerard
I bite the bullet and put 6 0z of auto-rx. Planning to flush it after 1K miles by t-tec.

ARX helped my wife's old 91 Civic's tranny work right again. I was having a problem with it down shifting back into first gear when you came to a stop. It would downshift through the gears until it hit 2nd gear then it would stop. Once the tranny warmed up it was fine. I ran ARX for 1500 miles and the tranny worked fine again. I noticed the difference around 500 miles or so. ARX is a great product.

Amsoil helped my transmission shift more smoothly too. I noticed when I first got it, it shifted a little rough on the Honda Z-1. I changed it over to Amsoil right away and it felt like new again. The feeling does come back after a while though, but not quite as harsh as before. With every subsequent drain/refill I noticed it not being as drastic as an improvement because it tends to shift nicer now, all the time.

I went ahead and added 6 ounces of auto-rx to my 4R75W transmission on my Marauder 1000 miles before my fluid and filter change. I noticed a difference in the shifting after the auto-rx was in there for about 100 miles.

When I changed the fluid it was a dark burgundy color, this was at 30,000 miles. I then did my own T-Tech flush and added Amsoil ATF, the trans shifts fantastic and I have no shudder problems.

I think a 6 ounce auto-rx clean in your transmission followed by a fluid change to Amsoil ATF if your trans is speced for it is a win win situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back