Auto-RX in 92 Toyota Tercel Oil Drinker

Status
Not open for further replies.
My car is a an abused 1992 Toyota Tercel 1.5 litre w/ 197,000 miles on it. If lucky, it gets an oil change every 10,000 miles. It's been drinking 1 quart of oil every 500 miles. There's a puff of cloud when I start it each morning, other than that it is ok. I've tried just about everything to stop it. After reading this board, I took the plunge and ordered myself three bottles.

I changed the oil and filter and dumped the first bottle in. I drive 300+ miles courier work everyday. So, basically, after 2 days, I put about 650 miles on it so I decided to change the oil and filter again. So far oil consumption has been about the same. I put in 3.5 quarts of oil and got back about 2 when I changed. (Very small engine.) I don't know how you guys cut up the filter so I don't know how dirty mine is, but just from looking at it, it looks clean to me. Maybe someone can give me a how-to and what tools I need. So far I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever from before. I sorta feel more power but that could be in my mind. I sorta feel the engine idle more roughly at red lights but also could be in my mind.

I'm planning on dumping in the next bottle after 1800 miles on this oil. That way it coincides with the weekend for me to do the oil change after the second bottle.

My goal is to cut my oil usage in half so that I dump a quart in every 1000 miles. (I'm not looking for miracles here.) I really hate dumping a quart of oil in the car almost every day. Wish me luck.

The usage interval for Auto-Rx has been standardized to 750 miles. Suggest you run at least that much on your second application.

Basic Procedure for Engines with More Than 100,000 miles
(application revision: 05/22/2003)
You will need two applications of Auto-Rx® for engines with more than 100,000 miles.
Because of oil filter limitations, one new, clean filter will not hold liquefied contaminants generated by an engine with that many miles.

FIRST APPLICATION

STEP 1
Install new oil filter (DO NOT BYPASS THIS STEP. You will need a clean
oil filter to catch and store liquefied contaminants coming out of your engine).
STEP 2
Pour full 12 ounces of Auto-Rx® into your existing oil.
STEP 3
Drive 750 miles
Drive 1000 miles if your vehicle has a diesel engine
STEP 4
Change the oil and oil filter.
STEP 5
Drive your car an additional 1500 miles with just the new oil and filter.

SECOND APPLICATION

STEP 1
Add the second bottle of Auto-Rx® (do not change oil filter yet)
STEP 2
Drive 750 miles
Drive 1000 miles if your vehicle has a diesel engine
STEP 3
Change the oil and oil filter.

The application for high-mileage engines is done.

Special Application Instructions For Saturn Twin Cam Engines -Toyota V-6 Engines
Instructions on How to Stop Seal Leaks,all Auto-Rx applications are available on www.auto-rx.com under application link.Your description of your Toyta Tercel might qualify for instructions for Toyota V-6.

Fulfillment Center did not put new Application Instructions in any product shipped since they were posted on May 22, 2003. The buck stops here -- so I'm responsible. Application Instructions for the maximum use of Auto-Rx with a minimum amount of confusion are located on www.auto-rx.com. These are the only application instructions to follow for maximum benefits such as increased compression, better combustion, etc. You should change your application to drive 1500 miles then finish the application.

The directions got changed to 750 miles? Darn, I was just following the directions that came in the box. Anyway, so exactly what do you suggest I do exactly now Frank? So far...

Changed new oil and oil filter
Added 1 bottle of Auto-RX

Changed oil and oil filter at 650 miles

So far driven 1000 miles on new oil and filter

I can't exactly follow the Toyota V6 directions anymore. Should I dump the old 2 quarts I used for the first 650 miles back in? I still have it.

Using a guestimate of cost of Auto-Rx plus cost of oil changes = $125.00; think it would be doubtful any mechanic will pull valve covers and replace valve stem seals for this amount. Then what about the extra cost to clean expander rings so you can improve compression? Then there is the extra cost of cleaning every oil lubricated rotating part? All that is happening with his application of Auto-Rx (just to itimize a few things).Plus Auto-Rx is guaranteed to work to your satisfaction or there is no charge. Think Auto-Rx much better decision and better value for owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back