ATF for '07 Impreza

Status
Not open for further replies.
G/f's '07 Impreza 2.5L non-turbo, 70K miles. ATF level is down a bit on the dipstick, maintenance history unknown, figured I might as well do a drain and fill. Owner's manual lists Subaru and Idemitsu ATF HP, along with Castrol Transmax-J and Pennzoil ATF-J - what readily available and reasonably priced fluids are you good folks using in these transmissions? And how much fluid will I get out just draining the trans (not doing a complete flush)? Thanks in advance for all responses.

Castrol and Pennzoil has been removed from the list by Subaru.

I'd use the OEM fluid in this case. No other fluid on the market meets ATF HP specs that I am aware of. Many list "meet or exceeds", but that is not a phrase I care for much.

I agree OEM fluid if it was older and higher mileage i might take a chance but why risk it.Bite the bullet and have peace of mind for the next 50,000

I work at a Subaru dealer and we have yet to find an approved aftermarket equivalent. We would like to offer one as an inexpensive option to our customers, but there appears to be nothing out there that is approved. The HP fluid comes in quarts and is readily available at Subaru dealers. It is part number SOA868V9241 and comes in a silver bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back