AT Tire for 2wd Truck

I like the way Coopers ride. They feel like a softer rubber which holds on during the rain a bit better. They having a good “claw” to them not unlike Michelin. I had a set of RTXs a few years back. where they struggled was cupping an feathering… the big soft rubber also had a mind of its own as they aged, and they increased in noise after a bit. BUT, great tires on a truck. I’m a fan of softer rubber. It may not last as long, but while it’s on there it does a better job.

bridgestone Revo3 should get an honest look. I had 2 sets of revo2s and was pleased with them both.

Those should be great at cutting through standing water (an important consideration for OP, being in N. AL., just down 65 from me).

I wonder what the differences are between this and the Discoverer AT3, which sells for more $.
Allegedly it’s the old at3 and they just kept making it for Walmart only. Not sure how true that is. Ended up ordering the General Grabber ATX in 245/75r17. Found them on sale with TireDiscounters cheaper than any other tire and it came with the free alignment. If I hate them in a year I’ll sell them off and go with the Yokohama or the Cooper.

bridgestone Revo3 should get an honest look. I had 2 sets of revo2s and was pleased with them both.
If money wasn’t a consideration I would have absolutely got the Revo 3’s. Rave reviews and look great. If the truck was my daily driver I would have ponied up for them.

Allegedly it’s the old at3 and they just kept making it for Walmart only. Not sure how true that is. Ended up ordering the General Grabber ATX in 245/75r17. Found them on sale with TireDiscounters cheaper than any other tire and it came with the free alignment. If I hate them in a year I’ll sell them off and go with the Yokohama or the Cooper.
Let us know how you like them. Tread pattern on those is very similar to the famous BFG K02, so they should be great off road and in snow/icy slush.

One site I was looking at - heck, it might have even been Tire Rack - had them rated #1 by the reviews they’d gotten.

However, I know the K02 has a little more noise than something like the G015 or LTX. But I know you said you’ve run M/T tires before. So you probably won’t mind them.

Curious how they’ll do when you hit some ponding on the expressway, since they don’t have the 4 water channels down the middle.

Let us know how you like them. Tread pattern on those is very similar to the famous BFG K02, so they should be great off road and in snow/icy slush.

One site I was looking at - heck, it might have even been Tire Rack - had them rated #1 by the reviews they’d gotten.

However, I know the K02 has a little more noise than something like the G015 or LTX. But I know you said you’ve run M/T tires before. So you probably won’t mind them.

Curious how they’ll do when you hit some ponding on the expressway, since they don’t have the 4 water channels down the middle.
I know, seems upon first inspection they would be terrible in rain but I looked at several reviews as well as anecdotal forum reviews and it seems universally admitted that they’re great in rain. We’ll see.
I also imagine any modern AT would be quiet enough to suit me. I had one bad experience with an old set of Toyo’s that spooked me about AT tires.

My in laws always run AT tires on their 2wd trucks (personal and company fleet) down in the Caribbean. Most have been BFG AT radials, load range E, but recently we did try retreads from tread well or some company like that. They are doing good. These trucks are loaded to payload capacity and occasionally tow.

My 2wd Cummins has some Chinese AT tires. PO put them on. They have been fine.
My 4wd Cummins has these Chinese tires on it when I bought it. The seller put them on brand new when selling the truck. Ive actually been happy with them too. They ride very smooth, quiet, and do good in dirt and sand.

Depending upon how the treadwell warden AT retreads work in severe service down south, they may go on my truck next.

My S-10 ZR2 came from the factory with BFG AT radials, and I’m on my third set. The latest ko2 has been great. Quieter than the older ones. I wouldnt hesitate.

41187CBE-6431-4B26-A09B-35F772354FFA.jpeg
3DA168C2-B113-4328-95C5-3042DD43D3AC.jpeg
ABAD1838-8491-476F-BCAF-AF02B8472418.jpeg
56462831-4DA6-4C4A-868D-060285A55667.jpeg
CBDF909C-673B-43C9-9440-DF251EBB978E.jpeg
570AB4D3-4981-48ED-BE3D-41A116039137.jpeg

Here are a few sets of Treadwright Warden retreads, load range E, in severe service, typically being used to haul 8 drums of oil over severe terrain and some unimproved roads. The rear tires generally get beaten up pretty bad due to slip, but they work well in the Caribbean climate/sun/heat. All done with 2wd F250 trucks. They are usually kept to around 175k miles on original engines and transmissions. They get beat up and rusty by then and are given away.

I’ve been really happy with the BFG Trail Terrains on my Silverado. They’re quiet on the road, have great traction (even wet regardless what TR says), and are wearing like iron. I’m very pleased with them so far.
9C3270C4-B12B-48B1-BC7C-193A17D5489C.jpeg

Back