Ariens single stange snowthrower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: motorcity
On this model blower, I have found that you need to use the Ariens OEM belt. Its a od length and the aftermarket equivalent just doesn't work right. Another thing on this blower, is the spring for the chute detent ball breaks. And the chute will move on its own. I was able to match up a spring from the hardware store, and it had more tension than the OEM spring.

I have this exact model. A great running snow thrower. Thanks for the comment. I have the same issue with the chute and will look at replacing the spring. Skid bar, belt and wheels are all I had to replace on mine after many years of use.

Lubener, a little heads-up on replacement belts, the outfit I ordered one with on eBay insists the 07236300 is an exact fit belt for the SS522. It's too short. The correct p/n is 07232200. The 2200 is approx. an inch longer than the 6300.

..and of course the outfit on eBay isn't budging from "we sold you the correct part".

I should have researched more.

I have replaced the belt on my SS522 two or three times since 96. The Ariens part number for mine was 07228600.I never had any problems with the OEM.

Thanks Lubener. I must have a real odd model number SS522. It's 938011. When you look up the belt p/n online for this model, most sites list two; 07232100 (aftermarket) and 2200. Worse yet, the 2100 is 33.00 x .38 and the 2200 is longer @ 33.49 x .38!

The eBay one I bought (that the outfit INSISTS should fit my machine) is 32.5 x .38. Man what a good time. Given how much the eBay one won't fit, I'm *thinking* I need the 2200. Ugh...

I live in Buffalo and I mostly use a 5HP single stage. I have a bigger 2 stage blower for big snow events and getting the snow out of my driveway apron, when the city plows.

The single stage is faster and I like the fact it removes the snow to a bare sidewalk/driveway.

I'm a firm believer in having one of each.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back