Are you OLD.

Looking through this thread has brought back a lot of memories. The picture of the old wood paneling brings back a bad one though. When I was a kid, I rolled over in bed and my hand hit the wall and I ended up with a splinter under my fingernail. 😳
Other than that, the pictures posted have brought back a lot of great childhood memories!
They should have included a picture of the soda vending machines that had that long glass door that you would open to pull the bottle of Coke out. Those were the best Coke’s!

Some of those pictures give me anxiety :LOL::LOL::LOL: Can relate to some of them such as:
1666261540875.jpg

this picture was original HVAC room paneling as of 2 years ago. paint was slapped on and this is the outcome. good thing its just in hvac room
IMG_2027.jpeg

The only one I never did was the nuclear bomb hide under the desk. That ended before I started school.

All the rest, yep. I know.

And I still have my 1964 black Western Electric rotary phone. It worked on Comcast’s phone service 10 years back. I doubt it would today.

I think the oldest thing on the group of pictures is that old carpet like my grandma in Minnesota had in her farmhouse. My wife and I had one of those tv's that weighed about 100 pounds or more. It was a happy day when the thing finally died.

100%, when I was a lad living in NY, the
Cigarette vending machines were every where & I pulled the handles many times, they were 25 cents for a pack & came with a pack of matches inside. I am old for a young guy 75.

I can relate to about 95% of these pics. :LOL:
This is almost cruel 🙃 I know them all, except that one photo that looks like a container with a lid.
Ill say one thing, looking at those photos and thinking back, things were just so cool mechanical/physical touchy feely everything and most all devices had just one function to perform. It was an analog world and fun place to be. That photo of the digital clock is kind of modern, I remember getting the coolest "digital" clock that the digits would flip down as they were printed on a metal film. It was an analog clock.

In our new world 75% of our enjoyment comes from one thing, digital processing from a device of some sort that does so many things unless you get out of your house and put away the device your isolated from the world being fed information that may or may not be true and sincere.

Last edited:
That’s a camera film container.
and I was into photography! First a Yashica IC (ranger finder, god I loved that camera) then OM10 later on a OM2 think I might be tempted to trade my Nikon DSLR if I could go back in time and get a brand new Yashica.
Took 1000s or more photos... over my life... The container didnt register in my brain, was trying to figure out of it was a trash bin or coffee bin on the angle it was taken. (and still on my first cup of coffee)

Last edited:
and I was into photography! First a Yashica IC (ranger finder, god I loved that camera) then OM10 later on a OM2 think I might be tempted to trade my Nikon DSLR if I could go back in time and get a brand new Yashica.
Took 100s or more photos... over my life... The container didnt register in my brain, was trying to figure out of it was a trash bin or coffee bin on the angle it was taken. (and still on my first cup of coffee)

The picture lacked perspective. At first I thought it was a trash can but that didn’t make sense.

Yashica was a popular camera back then. A lot of guys in the service had them. I think the PX sold them.

I had a Canon FTb. That was a nice simple camera. I wish I still had it.

That’s a camera film container.

..... but as the article suggests likely carrying something else.

When I talk about the stuff we did with kids these days the first thing they ask is "do you have a picture" and it takes a while to explain that not everyone walked around with a camera all the time in the 70's and if you did it likely took really crappy pictures.

Back