Are we allowed to talk about "The Balloon"

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were several publicized Chinese balloon incidents years ago, how quickly we forget. Circa 2016-2019

Strange part was they got very little attention at the time, nobody seemed to care then.

Last edited:
Did you read the article that I posted?
Yes, and circa 2016 there were articles about a Chinese company testing high altitude “weather” balloons but it’s like google search doesn’t work.
Funny how similar things happen in different parts of the world at the same time.

I even tried setting a range limit in Google but I’m getting extremely random garbage for results, might have to try a different search engine since google has given up on giving relevant useful information.
I find it hard to believe things I clearly saw on TV, didn’t make it to the internet unless it’s behind a paywall.

Incidents like this one…

Have also happened in 2016 & 2019

But as I said it got a short blip like an ooh ah moment and was quickly forgotten

And yeah, everybody is into balloons again for some reason

Last edited:
Shoot it down. Doesn't matter what value it has or doesn't have to the Chinese. If it accidentally floated away from China, across the Pacific, towards US land, the Chinese would contact the US, apologize, and say "you can do what you have to do". They really can't believe it would "sneak" across though....

Reactions: hrv
They have emp guns that would burn out the payload. I expect it has an inert paylod by now. If it is a scientific or weather ballon then let it be,

Rod

Shoot it down. Doesn't matter what value it has or doesn't have to the Chinese. If it accidentally floated away from China, across the Pacific, towards US land, the Chinese would contact the US, apologize, and say "you can do what you have to do". They really can't believe it would "sneak" across though....

I agree. If it's not ours, eliminate it immediately. Send the invoice to the offending party.

Reactions: hrv
Would you feel the same way if your pervy neighbor had a drone hovering outside your windows at night watching your wife or daughter getting ready for bed?
Air Superiority Drone ©

As far as I'm concerned, if someone launches a spy balloon that's going to float over the US, then they are the ones who have escalated the situation. What if it is not just a "spy" devise but rather has nuclear payload?

It is a test to see if we will do anything like a kid seeing how far he/she can get away with something... in this particular case needs disproportionately aggressive action.

Clearly swamp gas :D
🤣🤣

Maybe..

download.jpg
download.jpeg

I think the Chinese are just playing mind games. I am sure they have satellites that can provide more information than an observation balloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back