Are Subarus really that sensitive

one subie was more than enough. head gaskets 3 x in 60k
They were best in the mid 90's. The 2.2L with the solid cam was a torquey and responsive and reliable engine

Miss the little Impreza wagon - a dang good car and could buy it with a 5 speed for about $16k out the door.

More fun all around than the current crop of overweight lumps

1996 Subaru Impreza Wagon.jpg

They were best in the mid 90's. The 2.2L with the solid cam was a torquey and responsive and reliable engine

Miss the little Impreza wagon - a dang good car and could buy it with a 5 speed for about $16k out the door.

View attachment 198037
They were just so darn ugly. That one looks "ok" because it's new but all of them around here now have clouded headlamps and oxidized paint.

I also never personally understood the bobbed wagon. If I'm gonna turn in my man card and drive a wagon, I at least want a full length Legacy/Outback because I know I'm gonna be trying to use it as a truck :D

View attachment 198037

I've always wanted one of these. Too bad most of them look half rusted out now.

1705080067220.jpg

Reactions: D60
I've always wanted one of these. Too bad most of them look half rusted out now.

View attachment 198050
I agree! I used to work on one exactly like that but at 200k it just left a cloud (BIG cloud) of blue smoke out the tailpipe everywhere it went. That was when I first started to question Subaru engine longevity.....

• Haha
Reactions: Pew
There are some people who can break an anvil.
=my wife, except she could bust one with a rubber mallet! She's calmed down a lot in her later years, but I believe the phrase, "drive it like you stole it" was coined by somebody she probably passed on the road. . . on the right. . . . in the breakdown lane. . .on a hill. . .located at a curve in the road. She sure is fun though! lol

Back