Are RA GM Genuine Parts Same As Dealer?

Just called dealer to get price for transmission filter and gasket for my 03 Suburban.
They said gasket is 20.00 and filter with bushing is 68.00.

RA has a "GM Genuine kit for 27.00.
RA GM Genuine Filter and Gasket
Are these the same, or is there any justifiable difference for 3x dealer pricing?

Most people know but with AC Delco at least you gotta watch carefully on part #'s because that trailing "A" is a real gotcha where you've now entered the realm of junk

I'm not clear on the relationship between AC Delco and GM Genuine honestly, and I feel like the GM Genuine moniker is a relatively recent thing in the past 5-10 years? Or was it always around and I'm just oblivious?

Can you find parts for the same application under both brandings, and if so how does top-tier AC Delco compare to GM Genuine??

Most people know but with AC Delco at least you gotta watch carefully on part #'s because that trailing "A" is a real gotcha where you've now entered the realm of junk
What do you mean? Can you post an example?

Yep, that pretty much clears it all up.
This whole thread started from an experience I had with a purchase un-related to car parts. I bought a name brand product from a major retailer that broke and when I went to get it covered under lifetime warranty from the manufacturer, they said the product for that retailer has a different warranty policy, since they actually have a different grade of product they manufacture for that retailer using the same product name and branding as the higher quality one you would buy individually instead of as part of the retailer's combo, but as D60 said, the part number was followed up by a different letter, which allowed the manufacturer to identify it.
Wasn't sure if manufacturers have a different product grade they sell to Rock Auto to help keep their prices lower, but still use the same branding.
I can't imagine GM Genuine or AC Delco Original would engage in such a practice.

Yep, that pretty much clears it all up.
This whole thread started from an experience I had with a purchase un-related to car parts. I bought a name brand product from a major retailer that broke and when I went to get it covered under lifetime warranty from the manufacturer, they said the product for that retailer has a different warranty policy, since they actually have a different grade of product they manufacture for that retailer using the same product name and branding as the higher quality one you would buy individually instead of as part of the retailer's combo, but as D60 said, the part number was followed up by a different letter, which allowed the manufacturer to identify it.
Wasn't sure if manufacturers have a different product grade they sell to Rock Auto to help keep their prices lower, but still use the same branding.
I can't imagine GM Genuine or AC Delco Original would engage in such a practice.

GM doesn't sell anything to Rock Auto. They don't even have their own warehouses. Rock Auto is a drop shipper. They mostly use the same warehouses that supply independent parts stores (Parts Authority, Auto Value, Factory Motor Parts, etc) or ship directly from the manufacturer. Nobody directly employed by Rock Auto ever touches the parts you buy from them. They just send a RA-generated shipping label to the warehouse they ship from. The next time you buy something from Rock, google the return address to see where it came from.

Back