Aother MEGA score+Free Mobil 1 oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a good $$$ summer with my side car business and been wanting one of these GM SUV's BAD !!!

Good 'ole Dallas car market struck again and I found this nice gem
smile.gif

Dealer Asking price was $7000+fees lol

2007 Suburban LTZ 4x4

ICE cold A/C

20" wheels with good trad cooper tires

EVERY option including Bose stereo, folding power mirrors and navigation power rear hatch !!!

195K miles but LONG service history since new !!!

Some very minor stains on carpet but interior was VERY nice no tears or rips on trim or headiner

New battery

New brakes

Did a NISB check and Carfax free check all came back CLEAN

Was a New Mexico truck since new

According to Carfax maintenance report app it had new tires and a tune up within last 3 years

Bad

Service stabiltrack on message center

moderate Scrape on pass side rear wheel well

Battery gauge goes up and down between 11-14 volts. Bad tensioner or belt ???

Tire pressure alert is on dash

Vibration shaking at high speeds nothing horrible. Probable needs a balance ??

only 2 very small cracks on dash. Garage kept ???

So on the final deal
smile.gif

I had CASH $$$$100 Benjamins in a envelope flashed him the "paper",

I Haggled with the dealer owner got him down to $5900 CASH OUT THE door and said [censored] throw in a free oil change and we have a DEAL !!

He sends his son down the street to Autozone, I tagged along to make sure he gets the "good stuff" lol

He tells me "Dave, What do you want in it ??

hmmmmmmmmm well..............
25.gif

I pick out Mobil 1 10W30 HM since temps are in the 100's now in Dallas/Oklahoma region (5w30 HM was sold out) with M1 filter oil . Also this AZ was COOL and priced matched WM online $20 for the 5qt, jug $10 for the M1 filter and $8 for the single qt bottle. Also, I pull out my AZ rewards card and BAM !!! 5th point and I GET MY FREE $20 gift card
banana2.gif

Drove it home to Oklahoma 200 miles and it was PURE HEAVEN !!
thumbsup2.gif

averaging 21 MPG hwy @ 80 MPH

Dave

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Nice. At work we have the tahoes with the second row bench seat and the second row captains chairs. I always prefered the captains chairs.

Hard pass. Looks like a former law enforcement vehicle and around here they go for a lot less than that when they're auctioned off. Especially for almost 200K miles/12 years old with a list of problems like that.

Originally Posted by Fawteen
Hard pass. Looks like a former law enforcement vehicle and around here they go for a lot less than that when they're auctioned off. Especially for almost 200K miles/12 years old with a list of problems like that.

Nailed it ^^^

Great buy …
Going to remove and sell the Honda deflector ? … those have a decent looking front end …

As far as the crack in the dash , put a dash-mat on it . Replace all the other fluids , belts , hoses , tstat .

Originally Posted by Fawteen

Former law enforcement ??
33.gif
Umm wrong there pal. This NEVER was in law enforcement service( I also deal in cop cars) they run Tahoe PPV's and base option Suburban 2500 LS pkg,
They don't drive around in loaded up LTZ Suburbans unless they were drug seized or something

That front bumper is a "ranch hand" or brush guard, NOT a police push bar. MANY ranch owners/farmers have these on their trucks. See em on the roads here in Oklahoma all the time lol

BUT driving up I-35 other day, People did move out of my way quickly on the left lane HA !!

Dave

Originally Posted by Rolla07
Looks in decent shape, has the transmission been replaced during its life?

Looking at the maintenance history, I say no. Makes me nervous cause trans fluid is dark. "Knock on wood" lol
27.gif

This week it's getting a trans service, New Filter and fluid. For now I put a bottle of Lucas trans conditioner in it and pray lol

Dave

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Nice.

Do you keep or flip these vehicles ?

Wellllll let's say I'm a "Auto enthusiast" lol
happy2.gif
I pick up good deals like this when I see them and yes i do drive them for my needs

I'm at 10 cars now in my fleet( Ya I need help lol), But thinning down to 2-3 since i'm moving soon. Gonna keep this rig family trips, My low mile Silverado HD 4x4 for work and a basic car for daily driving needs that's all.

Keeping on top of 10 cars for maintenance and paying insurance is NO fun

Dave

Originally Posted by 4WD
Great buy …
Going to remove and sell the Honda deflector ? … those have a decent looking front end …

Yaaaaa.... I'm gonna keep it for now, Since it does work on the left lane nicely with morons who aren't paying attention and blocking everyone from passing on the highway
39.gif

"It parted the highway seas like Moses"

Dave

Last edited:
And my apologies for the poor grammar
27.gif
. I was up for 20 hours coming into DFW from a NYC red eye flight when I posted
33.gif

Today, I poured some Gumout multi-tune with PEA and Rislone Oil treatment yellow bottle
thumbsup2.gif

Ordered some new clear headlights with xenon bulbs and doing the "2015+ Escalade rear tail lights upgrade" mod this weekend

Dave
banana2.gif

Last edited:
Congrats on buying an SUV with 150,000 miles on it......with known issues.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GMguy84
Originally Posted by 4WD
Great buy …

Yaaaaa.... I'm gonna keep it for now, Since it does work on the left lane nicely with morons who aren't paying attention and blocking everyone from passing on the highway
39.gif

Dave

After thirty plus yrs in the biz I can always spot a civilian trying to play 'I'm a cop get outta my way' in either a decomissioned/auctioned former police vehicle or self-made look alike. Maybe some day one motions me over and tries to impersonate an Officer. That will be a reality check for them. Bail bond much?

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Originally Posted by GMguy84
Originally Posted by 4WD
Great buy …

39.gif

Dave

After thirty plus yrs in the biz I can always spot a civilian trying to play 'I'm a cop get outta my way' in either a decomissioned/auctioned former police vehicle or self-made look alike. Maybe some day one motions me over and tries to impersonate an Officer. That will be a reality check for them. Bail bond much?

Trying to impersonate a police officer in a LTZ Suburban with NO lights or Sirens ?? ummm.......Okay
06.gif
Trying to pass on the right lane is no crime and once again It's a "RANCH HAND" AKA brush guard, NOT a police PPV GO-Rhino push bar !!!

MANY farmers and ranchers have them on their suvs and pickups in this region and LEO's down here don't even blink a eye to them.

Dave

Not sure why I remained in this … I already mentioned what LEO's drive and I live in a redneck town
(lots of gorilla cages on LT's) … a competitor of RH is made here …
and I drive by RH often on the way to central Texas …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back