Anyone use a lubricant specifically formulated for o-rings?

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
I am working on a Lincoln Navigator air suspension system- complete rebuild.

The rebuild involves a lot of o-rings. Readings imply o-rings are often a source of failure for air leaks. I have been using silicone paste to lubricate o-rings. I watched a Arnott Industries air strut rebuild video. The tech in the video used a spray on lube for the o-rings.

Did some research, and discovered Parker O-Ring Lubricant. Bought two bottles on Ebay earlier this morning. Ebay was about 60 percent less expensive than Amazon for the product?

Has anyone used this product or any other lube specifically engineered for o-rings?

414OfvjW4SL.jpg

I have a couple of tubes of Parker O-Lube on my shelf. I may use Ultrachem Assembly Fluid #1, DC4, or the lubricant internal to the system I'm working on depending on the application.

SAFETY DATA SHEET O-LUBE - Parker Hannifin
[Search domain parker.com] https://www.parker.com › literature › O-Ring Division Literature › SDS Olube.pdf

SAFETY DATA SHEET SUPER O-LUBE - Parker Hannifin
[Search domain parker.com] https://www.parker.com › literature › O-Ring Division Literature › SDS Slube.pdf

Descriptive Features of Parker'S Super O-lube
[Search domain parker.com] https://www.parker.com › literature › O-Ring Division Literature › Adhesive MSDS › MSDS Super O-Lube 2012 - 16 Section.pdf

One appears to be silicone, the other acetate tallow fatty acids. I'd go with silicone myself as the fatty acids might lead to corrosion.

I have used Parker O-ring lube and P80 with success. Most of the time I use system fluid, but in your case air won't lube the O-ring... lol

just my $0.02

Looks like you have the right stuff there. only other suggestion would be silicone plumber's grease not the petroleum grease petroleum could dry out the o-rings if they're natural rubber.

Prudent to use something. What that is depends upon the material that the o-ring is made of, and the working fluid.

As said, you typically use the system fluid. In absence of that I use silicone grease. One exception to using silicone grease is if the o-rings are made from silicone.

Dow MolyKote 33 or 111

They have a couple within the Molykote line

Its a great product line but distribution outside of a commercial setting can take a minute to find smaller quantities

I just did the air auto level system in my Tahoe. I just used a drop of air tool oil on the clip-on fittings for easy install. Have used it in the past will no ill issues.

Reactions: GON
Purchased two tubes of Parker, think it was about $25 delivered. Also ordered a brand on AMZN, I think about $8. Not sure what is inside of each bottle, but the $8 bottle was huge compared to the parker bottles.

PXL_20220110_115151725.jpg

If it calls for special grease besides system fluid - Dow 111. The water filtration industry as well as espresso machine and scuba equipment makers trust it, ‘nuff said.

Purchased two tubes of Parker, think it was about $25 delivered. Also ordered a brand on AMZN, I think about $8. Not sure what is inside of each bottle, but the $8 bottle was huge compared to the parker bottles.

View attachment 83954
The super lube works well for home water filter applications too. Just be sure to use the food-grade as shown, not the version with PTFE.

Back