Anyone riding?

Took the V-Strom out two weeks ago and will probably go for a ride today. It's supposed to be 57 so that would be great. Snow last week and almost 60 today. Colorado sure has some strange weather patterns.

Waller Tx. Ride...

Attachments

• 57D2F47B-01E7-462C-ACF5-957BD96AD383.jpeg
    57D2F47B-01E7-462C-ACF5-957BD96AD383.jpeg
    329.3 KB · Views: 21
  • BC8118E4-E0AB-4134-AA4E-86B906E13549.jpeg
    BC8118E4-E0AB-4134-AA4E-86B906E13549.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 21
we had the biggest rain on the year on the 31st. so riding on 1/1 got moved to 1/2
the 1st lap was a greasy slick skating rink of slim mud that took 27min
waited 30min
2nd lap was so much better and was drying out fast took 21mins
waited about 10min
3rd lap was pretty darn nice...19mins

I haven't many kms on my bike the last year - we had a strict lockdown, and when I went back to work it was winter. I used to commute all year, all weathers, but have decided to act my age (67) and not ride in freezing temps, fog and sunstrike. But back on the bike, and out today on a ride on some back roads...335km in 5 hrs - lots of tight roads with many corners, I seldom get into top gear. I did one road I haven't done before, pretty remote, narrow and twisty. Not many photos, but these are on a road I do often - Old Mountain Road, it's how they used to get over this hill until a new deviation was put in - the ''Divvy.'' Sports bikes love the Divvy, I prefer Old Mountain Rd. A favorite resting spot in the shade, and some sort of restriction, it's 3 metres. I don't know what you would do if you came across this and you were over width, there is no way to turn around. A stinking hot day, around 30 C.

IMG_20210105_141349.jpg
IMG_20210105_142340.jpg

"Anyone riding?"
Every week in the winter, the larder won't fill itself.
Hate riding in the cold these days though, so it's just necessity.
Spring onwards, that's different ; I take every chance I can to get out on the bike.
This past year's been a bytch though; lockdowns left, right and centre and being socially responsible is a pain in the butt.

Woke mine from its winter slumber on Monday. Checked it all out, went for a short ride and gave it a drink of some fresh gasoline. Sure feels good getting on two wheels again.

My wife and I and our son and his GF rode to a nearby town last Sunday and had pizza at one of those artsy fartsy trendy downtown outdoor venues. We rode about 75 miles through the country and back. No riding today, 93 degrees with high humidity and pop up storms forecast. We’re planning on riding to breakfast early tomorrow and back before the heat gets too bad. Tell us about your rides this summer. 🏍️

Just got back from a nice 45 mile ride. Highways and backroads on a Marvelous day. Light steady winds and low 80's temps. Doesn't get much better.

I haven't many kms on my bike the last year - we had a strict lockdown, and when I went back to work it was winter. I used to commute all year, all weathers, but have decided to act my age (67) and not ride in freezing temps, fog and sunstrike. But back on the bike, and out today on a ride on some back roads...335km in 5 hrs - lots of tight roads with many corners, I seldom get into top gear. I did one road I haven't done before, pretty remote, narrow and twisty. Not many photos, but these are on a road I do often - Old Mountain Road, it's how they used to get over this hill until a new deviation was put in - the ''Divvy.'' Sports bikes love the Divvy, I prefer Old Mountain Rd. A favorite resting spot in the shade, and some sort of restriction, it's 3 metres. I don't know what you would do if you came across this and you were over width, there is no way to turn around. A stinking hot day, around 30 C.

View attachment 39354View attachment 39355
What motorcycle is that?

Back