Anyone riding?

Took the XSR900 out for the last ride of the season - rode ~45 miles. Partly sunny 60 deg F day ... not many of those left, so decided to make it the last ride of 2020. Filled up with gas and added some STA-BIL to the tank and parked it. :(

I'm on the injured list right now (not motorcycle related). Here are a few pics of my last big ride to North Rim Grand Canyon. I will tell you if you plan on riding out to Toroweap Overlook I recommend a small dual sport. I took my Super Tenere and it was a handful the last 10 miles or so. Pictures do no justice. You can get over your head at the blink of an eye with a 600lb adventure bike. Both these pictures are over 50 miles from the nearest paved road and over 75 miles from the nearest service. I might add the SPOT tracker is better off on your body in case of a crash. It was not the smartest thing mounting it to my bikes. I was using it for checking in and tracking.

8C63C1BF-0721-4DBF-82A5-D666F196738F.jpeg
480B8F08-0956-4940-9C42-2B196C102073.jpeg

And my Beta ready to go down a super steep black diamond trail into the abyss:
531E6BE6-A27A-4DFE-88D2-ADC5395F777D.jpeg

Bike parked...roads have been salted, and the guy that did my fork seals seems to have screwed up the job, because one is bad. :mad:

Last ride so far this year was a couple weekends ago. Typically will get a 50° day on a weekend here in Colorado and I’ll get out for a ride. Never have to truly park the bike over the winter thankfully. Sta-Bil goes in the tank starting at the end of October however just in case we get a snowy stretch or cold stretch that precludes riding.

Yeah, last few days have been out riding , it's been in the mid 70's in the afternoon and I just got my new to me Harley Dyna Switchback. Haven't ridden in many years and trying to get used to it. So far so good, love it
.Bike 1.jpgBike2.jpg

It is recommended not to take any risky activities like riding your motorcycle. Do not even pick a fight with your wife, getting the crackd skull from the frying pan fixed will not happen. Right now all elective surgery is banned, meaning that ankle reconstruction you need will not happen. It is also firearms deer season, they are on the move. I have seen 3, 6 point or better bucks in town hiding the past few weeks. More than I have seen all the rest of the year.

Rod

Salt just hit the roads after yesterday's snow fall. Riding is done until a nice rain cleans the roads :(

It's snowing, so I took the Dirtbike out and did some wheelies up and down the road.
Use to ride my dirt bikes in middle of the winter in snow, up too a foot deep. So cold the forks might move a whole max of 1/2" all day long.

Use to ride my dirt bikes in middle of the winter in snow, up too a foot deep. So cold the forks might move a whole max of 1/2" all day long.

The snow at the time of my wheelies was about 6" and coming down hard. It's always fun to see if I can get enough traction to wheelie in the snow. It's even more fun when the wife joins me in doing wheelies up and down the road on her dirtbike.

To be clear, this is a lightly traveled road with only a few neighbors, who know us, and aren't offended by 'adults' that never grew up. 😁

66 degrees F here today so the wife and I rode about 100 miles round trip to Hanging Rock State Park near the N.C./Va state line. The park was built by the CCC during the depression and contains 3,100 acres of hiking trails, camping facilities and a man made lake with a beautiful stone bath house built with stone quarried from the park by the CCC workers. We saw lots of bikes out today taking advantage of the unusually warm weather for mid December.

50 degrees today. Rode about 35 miles to charge the battery. Made me remember a friend has a pair of heated gloves for sale. :unsure:

Since Sept 25th 2020 the new bike has been ridden 2650 miles. It has been a wonderful fall and earlier winter for riding. Just this week I have ridden about 200 miles. Several 100 miles days.

120 miles to nowhere yesterday by myself, then about 50 miles with my daughter on the back on some local roads, and another 60 miles with my wife on some different roads.
2 days before that, rode 200 or so miles, again to nowhere.
I went to lunch with a bunch of other old farts this past Friday, 250 miles that day.
Weather has been great for riding lately.

Today was just to and from work (9 miles each way, OK morning , raining hard on the way home).

Back