Anyone riding?

Originally Posted by Bonz
As well... Colorado ain't what it used to be either. I'm thinking you have to go North to get away.

The problem with CO is it's becoming CA 2.0. I can also confirm that the far North is still a safe haven
smile.gif

I rode around the neighborhood yesterday for about 5 miles to keep the battery sort of charged. I would like to take a longer ride but it's still too cold in VA.

Originally Posted by Silverado12
I rode around the neighborhood yesterday for about 5 miles to keep the battery sort of charged. I would like to take a longer ride but it's still too cold in VA.

Yeah, we all had a weird winter, warmer then normal and we suffer a little in the Spring with cooler then normal. It always makes up for itself *L*
This year, very usual for our area. Only going to get into the 70s today and for the next few days, normally we are well into summer here by now with community pool always open by now etc...

Perfect sunny 80 deg F day ... so I hit the back roads on the XSR. Had to stop and get a shot of Mt Rainier.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Perfect sunny 80 deg F day ... so I hit the back roads on the XSR. Had to stop and get a shot of Mt Rainier.

[Linked Image]

You need the helmet I was riding in today. Arai Corsair X Kenny Roberts replica.
grin.gif

You and Bonz take some nice photos.

Originally Posted by 02SE
[You need the helmet I was riding in today. Arai Corsair X Kenny Roberts replica.
grin.gif

You and Bonz take some nice photos.

Your photo looks great ... the old Busas go forever.
grin.gif

I should probably buy a new helmet ... my old Shoei is getting dated but still looks and works pretty decent.

Just the work commute 3 or 4 times in the past few weeks. I work nights and my commute is just over 4 miles each way. I'm on the road just after 10 pm and then returning home at 645 am or so.

I'm kinda lazy and it's just a few minutes quicker to take the car. Often times, my 'nap' is topping off some sleep around 730 or 8 pm to 10pm. I get up and head off to work directly. In the morning, I'll be home by or before 7a and sleep about 5 hours then enjoy some of the mid day.
My travel time temps are usually above 35 f and not much warmer than 55 f so it's really quite comfortable.

bike

Last edited:
I took a ride out on Wednesday, just to rotate the tires. Been about 2 weeks since I had it out, so I put about 65 miles on it going nowhere in-particular. It was sunny and 80 ish on Wednesday, this morning its 36. The weather don't know what it wants to do.,,,

Rode to a small neighboring town today to have lunch at one of our favorite mom and pop restaurants. We ate outside under huge oak trees with a nice breeze blowing. Fried chicken, collard greens, mashed potatoes, cornbread and iced tea. The owner fries the chicken in a huge cast iron frying pan, no electric deep fryer here! A 50 mile round trip but ended up riding about 100 miles total, all on country back roads.

Thought I might bump this thread since it’s been May since the last reply and nearing the end of riding season for some. I have put about 4,500 miles on my 2010 Street glide since I bought it at the end of June. I’ve ridden the Blue Ridge Parkway quite a few times on day rides since it’s only an hour away, but no long distance rides. Saturday I rode in a charity/unity ride for the Greensboro, N.C. Police department to show support for them. Their motorcycle division led a group of about 100 bikes for a 65 mile ride, all on country roads. The motorcycle LEO’s would stop traffic at stop lights and major intersections, then leap frog around the group and get back up front for the next light or intersection. All went well as I didn’t have to put my foot down from the time we left the local Harley dealer until we returned back to the dealership 90 minutes later and we raised over $2,000 for the Greensboro PD. Some of you have probably crisscrossed the country since May or stayed close to home but either way let us know how your rides went this summer.

Gman2304....earlier you mentioned a Mom and Pop restaurant that sounded good. Care to share its location?

A friend and I ride Can Am's and meet once a week for a ride. Sometimes, actually most times, we talk more than ride. Meeting friday in Winston Salem and probably will ride out towards Yadkinville and beyond on some of the back roads. Cheers from Lexington.

Gman2304....earlier you mentioned a Mom and Pop restaurant that sounded good. Care to share its location?

A friend and I ride Can Am's and meet once a week for a ride. Sometimes, actually most times, we talk more than ride. Meeting friday in Winston Salem and probably will ride out towards Yadkinville and beyond on some of the back roads. Cheers from Lexington.
Hi tc, The restaurant I mentioned is Magnolia 23 in downtown Asheboro. They have some odd hours so check their Facebook page for their hours. At this time they have outside dining and take out. They serve good old southern comfort food like you and I grew up with. I ride with a group on Wednesdays as well, and you’re welcome to join us any time. PM me for details. I remember talking to you about your 30 cal m1 Rock-Ola or maybe it was a Underwood, a couple of years ago.

I host group rides every weekend aroind the Houston area. All curvy country roads outside the city. If anyone is interested your welcome to text me at 979-251-6249...Keith
I post on motohouston.com in the events, meets and rides section.

Inspired by the SSC Tuatara thread, I took the old hopped-up 'Busa out...

Attachments

• Canon pics 240.JPG
    Canon pics 240.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 527
Back