Anyone know if Blackstone is running behind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent them an oil sample about 4 or 5 weeks ago and haven't gotten results yet. Anyone know if they are running behind and taking longer than usual?

If they are behind, I don't want to bug them...

thanks,
ben

I sent a sample on Saturday and got the results back today. So I assume they are not running behind. I'm about to post it in fact :)

I sent a sample on May 29th and got the results yesterday.

Did you send it to the 416 Pettit address?
The last sample I sent still had the old address on the bottle and I sent it there by mistake, they still got it but it took about an extra week.

Last edited:
Thanks much all! Confirms my thoughts of it getting held up by USPS. I checked my stash of sample bottles - it had the Pettit Avenue address on the other ones that I got at the same time.

I thought about giving them a call and then thought that they probably have no better idea where it is than I do.

Well, hopefully it will get found rather soon.

thanks!
ben

Last edited:
Very interesting! The one I sent in late last week was analyzed today. Looks like my original one is stuck in the Postal Monster. Oh well, maybe it will show up, maybe it won't...

thanks,
ben

It is almost definitely lost. I'd give Blackstone a call just to make sure they didn't lose it somehow. Or maybe your email from them got lost and they already sent you the results?

Hey gang,

Well, I contacted Blackstone via e-mail and they've not seen it. They also noted that it will only count against my pre-paid sample balance if it does arrive. Seems fair enough.

I also checked the spam filter and my online reports - no luck...

Looks like the postal monster got hungry and ate it. Oh well. They were darn quick about the WS ATF sample I sent recently - like three or four days turn-around from when I sent it...

thanks,
ben

Yeah, every once and a while an oil sample is a sacrificial lamb for some fine civil servant in doing his/her job. I imagine, for economy purposes, it just gets quarantined for a while. I'm not too happy about some of the information inside being handled by unknowns ..(cc # ..etc.) ..but I don't even know if they open them. Probably X-ray'd ..(maybe).

They must be downsized and backlogged on releasing them.

I put my last used oil sample in a yellow mailer. they got my sample in 3 days in regular USPS mail. whoa! the black container must scare the postal workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back