Anyone here drive an older car & doesnt care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im looking, dont worry Im looking.

The job i was at, a couple months ago, dont forget I will be going back to next week for a couple weeks to cover for someone on vacation. I know its 2 week temp job but at least itll give me something to do, on top of job hunting.

I know I can only blame myself for wanting the perfect job and not accepting jobs cause theyre too far or not high enough pay. That will change now.

I know from monitoring my mood and behavour when im working, I feel a lot better and happier cause im more motivated and have something to do in life. But when im not working, you get depressed cause all of a sudden that 40hr a week job becomes free time. Its not even funny how night and day I feel when im working and not.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: chevyboy14
carnoobie ill probably get a hand slap for saying this but dangit you need it. i dont give a rats behind what you or you job coach think! i think you need to get off your lazy whining behind and get a job. yes its hard but do it. and no i wasnt lucky i had a son to feed!!!!! and unlike so many others i didnt go jump on the welfare bandwagon! i had a son who needed fed and clothed so having no job wasnt an option. and while i was out of work i did every side job i could get my hands on. shoveling snow cutting grass fixing cars handy man stuff. i did anything i could. i still take a side job when i get one for the extra money. there is money to be made if your willing. its not just you who needs help your parents do to they should kick you to the curb. everyone needs help and thats fine but come on!! your priorities are more screwed then a 3 legged seeing eye dog!! listen i really dont want to hear one more ounce of baby [censored]! i want you to wake up tomorrow by 8am and go apply at every single business you find. gas stations factories restaurants everything. make a goal of atleast applying to 20 places. then the next day call them all and follow up. then do it again the next day and the next by thursday go apply for more jobs and repeat process. you will eventually find something. when you go in dress nice maybe not suit in tie but khakis and a button up TUCKED IN shirt!! try walmart they are always hiring dont be picky just do whatever you get offered and be darn glad you got it. no more excuses or whining . just do it!! if your sisters can make you pay 45 bucks for dinner then i should be able to pester you enough to follow my advice. and listen im not trying to be harsh. i really care your on bitog and we are all a big family in my book. your having a rough patch and have some low self asteem. finding a job will help your self esteem. go out ther and do it and be proud. it can be done. seriously i dont want to hear anything besides yes sir or ok. no [censored]!! none zero. its old and tiring .

I will do this now

I will be honest, i could have had a job for the past month or so now. I actually got offered 2 in the past month but turned both down cause the pay wasnt to my liking. My last job paid $20/hr and these two jobs offered were only 75-80% of that hourly and one was too long shifts at 9hrs. Do I regret it now a month later still no job? Yes

Last edited:
Aside from a steady job, even if low paying, you need to decide what you want to do with your life and pronto.
Right now, from what I gather, you are basically an unskilled laborer, you need to have a plan, a REALISTIC plan, on how to change that.

At over 30 years of age your chances of meaningful employment will only shrink unless you develop some skill sets. At least you're single and without a family to feed so there should be absolutely NO EXCUSES.

I don't meant to be rude, but I'm from a family if immigrants and your excuses are plain pathetic. My father came to Canada with couple of hundred bucks in his pocket, one suitcase of clothes and speaking absolutely no English. I was in a better situation having my dad's help, but it was not an easy journey either. You have absolutely no idea what hard work and determination really means.

Back on topic, I love that my plastic paneled Saturn can sit in a parking lot and I really don't care if a grandma bangs her door into it. As for the minivan? As long as she is running she will be in my driveway.

I own four cars with no car payments (that is a really good feeling.) I have an 08 w/10k, an 06 that just turned 58k, an 03 w/ 76k and an 00 w/264k.

The wife differs with this opinion, complaining that the 06 feels like the transmission is going out on it. I am sitting in Bangor, Maine right now, and the 06 made it from Ohio that far without the transmission falling out. Guess she'll have to get used to driving an older car.

Maybe caring will motivate you to seize the next opportunity or work towards it even if you just have another job.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Carnoobie
I will be honest, i could have had a job for the past month or so now. I actually got offered 2 in the past month but turned both down cause the pay wasnt to my liking. My last job paid $20/hr and these two jobs offered were only 75-80% of that hourly and one was too long shifts at 9hrs. Do I regret it now a month later still no job? Yes

Like I thought. Unwilling to take a grunt job with lesser pay and at least be working. Instead your holding out for the "perfect job". No sense of urgency, because you have mom and dad, and they dont care if you work or not. If they did theyd force you into Walmart till you found something better.

Take anything so you dont have a gaping hole in your resume and in your wallet. You wont miss a beat with your online applications. You will have money and self esteem. Recruiters wont see somebody hungry for work, taking a job in another professions negatively. They will see a lack of employment negatively. I'm a hiring manager and I'll take somebody with lesser experience willing to do anything over a holdout that will give me a hard time taking orders because they only want to do what they want to do. Taking a grunt job as a placeholder while seeking the job they want shows me they are willing to do the tough parts of the job I'm hiring for. When I hear "to my liking" I sense a problem employee, and file that resume in the can next to my desk.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Originally Posted By: Carnoobie

Like I thought. Unwilling to take a grunt job with lesser pay and at least be working. Instead your holding out for the "perfect job". No sense of urgency, because you have mom and dad, and they dont care if you work or not. If they did theyd force you into Walmart till you found something better.

Take anything so you dont have a gaping hole in your resume and in your wallet. You wont miss a beat with your online applications. You will have money and self esteem. Recruiters wont see somebody hungry for work, taking a job in another professions negatively. They will see a lack of employment negatively. I'm a hiring manager and I'll take somebody with lesser experience willing to do anything over a holdout that will give me a hard time taking orders because they only want to do what they want to do. Taking a grunt job as a placeholder while seeking the job they want shows me they are willing to do the tough parts of the job I'm hiring for. When I hear "to my liking" I sense a problem employee, and file that resume in the can next to my desk.

I just hope I can find something soon. When I dont work i have way too much free time on my hands. Its not healthy, it makes you lazy and unmotivated. Just the past week ive been getting my sleep back on track and almost there (few more days and i should be perfect). I was going to bed 2-4am in the morning and waking up 10 or 11am. Even though set my alarm for 8am every day (and when im working thats late to me), i hear it, hit snooze then fall back asleep or lay in bed for 3 more hours.

Just the past couple days ive been able to get out of bed at 8am and in bed by midnight. Ideally when im working im in bed by 10pm and up at 5:30am. Ill need to by next week anyways, so a few more sleeps and I should be back to this.

By the way as suggested by another BITOG member, i picked up this book called "Good feeling" today from Chapters. Going to read it. I saw really nice cars on the way to chapters and I looked, but I ignored the feeling.

Last edited:
75% of $20/hr. would be $15/hr. which is a living wage. It's not enough to live comfortably on, but most single people could pull it off if they had to. If you're not a full-time student and you've been out of work for more than two weeks, and you're somebody else's dependent, do NOT turn down any job offer that comes with a living wage unless you know you definitely aren't capable of doing the job. Passing it up is choosing to be a sponge. The next time you get such an opportunity take it.

hold on you were offered 2 jobs and turned them down because the pay wasnt good enough? you live with your mom and your going to [censored] about to low of pay??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?! dangit you frustrate me to no end. if i was your dad my foot would be so far up your [censored]!! how does a guy who has no home no girl no self esteem and no resume thinks he is too " good" for a 15 dollar or so an hour job??????? AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! my family lives on 16-18 grand a year we do fine its not the money you make its the bills you have. 15 an hour for a single guy in an apt is plenty to live on with relative ease. at least around me it is.

o and leaky seals i respect the way you are and think you are 100% spot on. your a good guy with some values. we see less and less of that everyday. so thank you for being a decent human being!!

Come on guys, carnoodle is not 'real' , he's just some sick puppy that gets his kicks winding us up.
Ignor him, he will go away.

If he does happen to be real, I think he knows just what we think of his (so called) life, now it's up to him to change it.

Nothing to see here folks.
18.gif

Quote:

Not me, I doesn't care in the least if someone drives a older vehicle...

Myself? I have '69, '88, '93, '98, '03 & '07, can drive either older or newer... Presently the '88 isn't tagged, but if I'm still vertical next year, will register it as antique...

Originally Posted By: TFB1
Quote:

Not me, I doesn't care in the least if someone drives a older vehicle...

Myself? I have '69, '88, '93, '98, '03 & '07, can drive either older or newer... Presently the '88 isn't tagged, but if I'm still vertical next year, will register it as antique...

Thank you for putting this thread back on track!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back