Anyone heard from AutoMechanic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen anything that would have resulted in him being "penalized" here. However as with many social media outlets today censorship is rampant, it appears many times that people are censored just because they can.

Often times, if there is an offending post, it's removed, which makes it appear as though there is no reason. The mods here are typically pretty good on being balanced and vacations are typically deserved (I've had a few in years past).

I have often wondered if some people have their preferences set up to receive notifications for every new post, and take that as a sign that the post was directed towards them and a response is required ?
I see this on many different forums that I frequent, people have post counts upwards of 8,000 to 12,000 or more and seem to be involved on every thread and over multiple topic sections.

Nothing personal towards Automechanic but that could explain his activity level.
I'm like that on many sites / forums on the internet (not all PandaBears are me and I'm not always PandaBear).

Sometimes it is just a place to feel bonded to people, sometimes just to escape a stressful family scene, or find people to hang out with when families won't talk to me (I'm sounding more and more like an old dude)

A lot of long-time members don't seem to like him. I've never seen anything bad from him though except for a LOT of activity.
I enjoy his posts, one of the few people here that is not an 80 year old man yelling at clouds. Ha ha

Uh oh, think I just got myself banned. ;)

Attachments

• 0F83104F-C98F-4269-B5FA-486C200644F7.jpeg
    0F83104F-C98F-4269-B5FA-486C200644F7.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 6
I've never seen anything that would have resulted in him being "penalized" here. However as with many social media outlets today censorship is rampant, it appears many times that people are censored just because they can.
Which is an indictment of the moderators. You’re saying we ban on BITOG just because we can? That’s insulting, frankly. Are you implying power trip? Sure looks that way. Is that really what you meant with your comment?

BITOG is not social media. Thought I made that clear earlier. But we do have content and language rules. Rules to which everyone agreed when they signed up for an account. We do enforce those rules. That’s part of why BITOG is not social media, too.

Back to moderating. We don’t discuss moderating decisions in public. Ever.

It’s not fair to the person in question. You wouldn’t want people sharing personal or private details and communications about you and your posts, so no one should expect to be told things about other members that, quite properly, should remain out of the public view.

You can’t see deleted posts, private messages or removed threads. So, your perspective is incomplete.

if a member wished to discuss a moderating decision, then a PM is appropriate. Since we don’t discuss those decisions in public, a public post is absolutely not how to go about initiating that discussion. I will listen to a well-articulated position. I have changed moderating decisions based on a well-articulated argument, in a PM only, recognizing the differences in perspective that other folks might have.

It might interest you to know that we have regular, scheduled, moderating discussions as well as daily interaction between moderators. We do our very best to be fair, and consistent, though, from an incomplete view of what was posted, or what was said, it might not appear that way to some of you.

Which is an indictment of the moderators. You’re saying we ban on BITOG just because we can? That’s insulting, frankly. Are you implying power trip? Sure looks that way. Is that really what you meant with your comment?

BITOG is not social media. Thought I made that clear earlier. But we do have content and language rules. Rules to which everyone agreed when they signed up for an account. We do enforce those rules. That’s part of why BITOG is not social media, too.

Back to moderating. We don’t discuss moderating decisions in public. Ever.

It’s not fair to the person in question. You wouldn’t want people sharing personal or private details and communications about you and your posts, so no one should expect to be told things about other members that, quite properly, should remain out of the public view.

You can’t see deleted posts, private messages or removed threads. So, your perspective is incomplete.

if a member wished to discuss a moderating decision, then a PM is appropriate. Since we don’t discuss those decisions in public, a public post is absolutely not how to go about initiating that discussion. I will listen to a well-articulated position. I have changed moderating decisions based on a well-articulated argument, in a PM only, recognizing the differences in perspective that other folks might have.

It might interest you to know that we have regular, scheduled, moderating discussions as well as daily interaction between moderators. We do our very best to be fair, and consistent, though, from an incomplete view of what was posted, or what was said, it might not appear that way to some of you.
I vote we lock this thread here RE: the highlighted section out of respect for AutoMechanic and the forum staff.

Thanks to everyone for your concern. I do appreciate it. I also enjoyed reading through this thread. I’m glad some members were able to incorporate humor as well. That’s something that I really enjoy. It made me smile. I’m still alive and well.

Everything personally is fine. Work has been the best for me this week and last week than that it has been since all this stuff started happening with the pandemic and everything. Most of my customers are older so I respect them not wanting to come out to the shop I work at now due to everything. I was supposed to change jobs this month but when the guy who was going to be my boss was trying to finalize sale of the building from the current owner the city realized that the taxes hasn’t been paid on it in forever so they are having a tax auction on it 🙁. So that job is a no go for right now at least.

I celebrated my 19th birthday on April 23rd. Got a nice steak dinner and some tools and $50 also a new iPhone as well it’s the 12 Pro in Pacific Blue. For dessert I got a key lime pie. My mom will make me my red velvet cake when she has time and isn’t busy with work. My nieces birthday was the same day she turned 9 and wanted to go to the zoo for her birthday and spend time with her two brothers so she got to go to the zoo with them and her parents, she loves animals, she is especially interested in reptiles and snakes and lizards. No we don’t have to share the food or gifts though LOL.

So thank you to everyone who was concerned and who sent me emails and messages on here and were respectful. Just wanted to offer everyone an update. I’m happy about this thread. Lesson learned always think before you post especially when you don’t really mean something. The day I had posted what got me sent on vacation is the same day I found out about my job was a no go so I was pretty upset and just wasn’t thinking. I didn’t tell anyone about the job for a few days because I was just bummed out. I look forward to offering helpful insight when I can as well as enjoying other things on the forum too. My current boss and coworkers have been working with me on my electrical skills. I finished up my college automotive course. In there we done many things. And I didn’t mess up anything till the last day when I cross threaded a spark plug in the teachers 1984 Corvette 🙂 but things happen to all of us it isn’t my first mess up and I’m not afraid to admit it happened. He wasn’t mad he used it as a learning experience on how to properly address a stripped out spark plug hole. And I paid for the new E3 spark plug. We had converted it from carburetor to fuel injection which is something I enjoyed learning how to do. It originally came fuel injected from the factory but the previous owner for some reason converted it.

I am going to work on my time spent here and posts. I feel it’s important to post more about less than less about more. I need to get that under control which is something I promised the staff here I would do. And no more negativity either I know I have said some negative things about guys getting new cars or certain brands of cars but I promise that won’t be happening from here on out. I’m hoping that since I am a bit older now I can improve on all aspects here. This needs to stay a positive place with helpful insight.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you again. I’m going to continue with the project truck and the beetle. I’ll get them running one day 😁. The truck did start up for a second after I adjusted the spark timing just a tad bit. Unfortunately silly me lost the only set of keys to it so I have got to figure something out there. I lost them inside my house I just can’t remember at all where I set them at after they fell off the recliner arm rest and I picked them up.

Thanks for reading and being concerned.

Blake (AutoMechanic)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back