Anyone have a vehicle long term to back their OCI?

Chevy Cobalt, 257K miles; owned since new and I have Blackstone analysis every 20 or 30K miles dating back to when the car was about a year old.

I switched oil brands - only once - and that was at about 50K because of consistent borderline-low TBN numbers with the first brand I was using. Since that change, I haven't strayed at all.

Chevy Cobalt, 257K miles; owned since new and I have Blackstone analysis every 20 or 30K miles dating back to when the car was about a year old.

I switched oil brands - only once - and that was at about 50K because of consistent borderline-low TBN numbers with the first brand I was using. Since that change, I haven't strayed at all.
What was and what is your go-to oil?

2008 Toyota Sienna 370752 miles oci 20,000 miles, Fram ultra oil filter, Mobil one ep 5w-30 oil. Runs great with no oil consumption observed when I change the oil. When I sent in an oil sample to Blackstone they said I could go up to 23,000 miles. They said that was the limit. I just went to 20,000 miles because I thought it would be easier to remember the 20,000 mile oci. Not bad, all in all.

Yeah, 2009 Tacoma V-6. 7500 miles (minimum) between changes, due to laziness closer to 9,000 miles. Run Mobil 1 or Kirkland Oil and Hastings Filter. How many miles? 305,000. You don't need to ripped off by Royal Purple and Amsoil

312k with 10k oci using cheap oil. usually a conventional diesel, wm supertech syn or as of right now a cheap euro oil but i may change to something else. I wish supertech was available in their euro grade down here like it is in canada.

Both engines run smooth and quiet warmed up with hardly any consumption. i don't ever add a quart unless im going on a day long roadtrip just for good measure. All original internals as well minus a timing chain on one since i just didn't want it to snap but saw it wasn't really stretched when i took it out but still changed it anyway.

Still working on it.
My wife's 2012 Highlander just crossed 130,000 miles. I did the 1st oil change at 10,000 miles with Mobil1 Ow-20 (XP or whatever it was at that time) and it's had one every 10,000 miles since. The engine has never had a drop of top up oil, never needed it. I've suggested to the wife (2 or 3 times) that we look at a new ride for her but she really likes the Highlander and doesn't want to change.

Anecdotal information only:

2007 Honda Ridgeline owned for 15 years, average OCI: 5,495 miles and sometimes more than 12 months, using mostly Conoco-Phillips and Quaker State synthetic blends. Vehicle uses no oil at 100K.

2007 Infiniti M35 owned for 14 years, average OCI: 4,955 miles and always less than 12 months, using mostly Kendall synthetic blend and now SOPUS synthetics. Vehicle uses no oil at 120K.

I've visited here for years (old SN Speedy1975), loads of great info. People seem to agonize over OCI, oil types, etc, and I'm curious if anyone has a vehicle they've actually owned for say more than 10 years that would back up their OCI and oil choices?

When I went to a once a year oil change many years ago lots of folks told me I'd ruin the motor in the car. I knew from analysis there'd be no problemo. Here it is 20 years later and still doing great. I don't drive 30K miles a year but the oil has done great for up to 12K - 15K miles the car will normally see in that time.

Vehicle is a 2002 Toyota 4Runner with a supercharger installed and water/meth injection basically doubling the OEM horse power. About 150,000 miles on the clock.
Well, 5 years and 100k miles on our 2017 RAV4. Been doing a 10k OCI. No drama so far. Should hit 200k by the 10 year mark or 150k at 7.5 years of ownership at the current rate.

2008 Toyota Sienna 370752 miles oci 20,000 miles, Fram ultra oil filter, Mobil one ep 5w-30 oil. Runs great with no oil consumption observed when I change the oil. When I sent in an oil sample to Blackstone they said I could go up to 23,000 miles. They said that was the limit. I just went to 20,000 miles because I thought it would be easier to remember the 20,000 mile oci. Not bad, all in all.
Yeah, but don't run it that long between changes. Your oil will look tar. I tried that Amsoil 25,000 mile filter and oil, and I'm sorry I did. I left a mess

1995 Mercedes E250 Diesel, now has 300K miles, 6K to 10K miles OCIs on 15W40 or 10W40 since new. Engine's never been opened and burns close to no oil.

My 2000 VW Jetta, 2.0, 5 speed. Bought new in '99, sold in 2014 with 220K on the clock. 5-10K OCI using primarily M1 0W40.

Put 300K miles on my 2005 4.6 Ford Crown Victoria. Used 5w20 Motorcraft and when I sometimes went to Mobil 1 Express used 5w20 Mobil 1. Did 5-6K mile OCI. Used zero oil between changes and I sat in tons of gridlock. No major issues with it. It was the best vehicle I ever owned.

I have a 98 Ford F-150 I bought new with the 4.6L V8. It has always had oil changes at around 5,000 mile intervals. For the first 100,000 miles or so it was M1 5W-30. After that is was usually Walmart 5W-30 synthetic. At around 250,000 miles I changed the timing chains and tensioners. The engine looked pretty great internally. Here is a link to my post with some pics. That truck still runs great even though it is just a ranch truck now.

Have an '86 F20HD diesel bought almost new in '87 and a Honda Accord bought new with 7 miles on in in 2000. Oil choices have evolved a lot with the times and my level of lubricant knowledge. Today, the Ford, used mostly as a farm truck, gets 3 year, 8K mile oil changes (interval backed up by UOA) ... though it never reaches 8K in three years, not even half. The truck has bypass 3um filtration and I use Fram Ultra primary filters. Oils... I alternate. Usually a 10W30. I have a stash of older Rotella T5 but have used Motorcraft and other stuff. Not locked into a brand. The Honda runs at 10K intervals, or 3 years. It sometimes reaches 10K in three years. The 3.0L V6 was originally rated for 5W30, now runs 5W20 (the same engine was certified for 5W20 in 2002 with no changes). Right now I am on a Pennz Plat kick, use it in the Honda and the Ford Escape based on it's formula and UOAs. I have a couple of tractors too that I have been running for about 20 years, one with 8,700 hours on it. They are on 3 year intervals too, 100 hours, the most often used one usually hits the 100 hours in about 2 years. The interval was plotted by monitoring soot levels.

Back