Anyone else having a good lol at Hyundai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pressurized tank is much better at getting the air out as it is at the high point and in the flow.

If you go without a standard overflow tank you will have air in the system and even if you have the overflow it takes several heat cool cycles to purge all the air out.

I really don't believe that is the reason manufacturer want pressurized tanks. Nobody cares what you have to do when it comes to changing the coolant after the warranty period.

Billions of cars have been able to manage to do coolant change and get all the air out with either with judicious design (aka bleed nipple on some Hondas) or after market no-spill funnel.

In short, your reasoning is bogus!

Some older Fords actually had an overflow tank with no filler. That's right: once you topped off the radiator, you had no way to fill the overflow tank!

Without overflow reservoir likes in cars of the 60's and early 70's there is some air in the top of the radiator when the engine is cold, but no air in the engine or in heater core when the engine is running. The non-pressured reservoir eliminates that, but the main advantage is you can check the coolant level anytime without removing the radiator cap.

I just changed coolant in my Honda S2000 few months ago, after flushed with distilled water once and drain most if not all of it, I just pour in a gallon concentrate Peak Global Lifetime then top off the radiator with distilled water and filled the reservoir with distill water only. The capacity is 7.8 quarts(reservoir included) so 1 gallon concentrate makes the coolant at 51-52%. I didn't have any problem with air in the system, probably when I drained the old coolant, flush with distilled water and filled with new antifreeze I set the temperature at max hot, this let the coolant flow through the system freely. Also, I park the car up the fairly steep incline driveway so that the top of radiator is the highest point, and loosen the bleed nipple to let the air escape.

Some of the Rube Goldberg contraptions that German auto manufacturers come up with are completely insane to somebody who compare similar functionality provided by other manufacturer using something much much simpler device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back