Anyone else dribbling gas pump hoses?

It doesn't work with the pumps we have in California or believe me, at $6.79 now for premium I'd do it.
When I was a teenager in the early 1970's my friends and I that rode motorcycles used to do what we called "collect squirts".
The gas pumps didn't have all the anti-pollution devices on them. The fuel of choice for my 1966 Triumph 500 Daytona was Super Shell which cost a whopping $0.40 per gallon, while one could buy regular around the corner at a "Thrifty" gas station for $0.24.9 a gallon.

Anyway, when the Shell station closed for the night if someone else hadn't beat me to it I could roll up to each pump and squeeze the handle and often get a couple quarts of gas out of the multiple pumps on the several islands.

It doesn't work with the pumps we have in California or believe me, at $6.79 now for premium I'd do it.
When I was a teenager in the early 1970's my friends and I that rode motorcycles used to do what we called "collect squirts".
The gas pumps didn't have all the anti-pollution devices on them. The fuel of choice for my 1966 Triumph 500 Daytona was Super Shell which cost a whopping $0.40 per gallon, while one could buy regular around the corner at a "Thrifty" gas station for $0.24.9 a gallon.

Anyway, when the Shell station closed for the night if someone else hadn't beat me to it I could roll up to each pump and squeeze the handle and often get a couple quarts of gas out of the multiple pumps on the several islands.

I got a “collection squirt” today after filling up my wife’s car.

That extra gulp added to the $75 tank of gasoline I paid for.

One of the last times fuel shot up, everyone was dumping 'trucks' and slowing way down on highways. People posted about it here.

My nephew was doing auto body work for CarMax back in 2008-09 and tons of SUVs were being traded in daily. Every SUV had their gas tank on empty (E).

My nephew was doing auto body work for CarMax back in 2008-09 and tons of SUVs were being traded in daily. Every SUV had their gas tank on empty (E).
Sure, but how want to trade in anything with a full tank? just lost money, right?

We haven’t changed our driving habits yet maybe because I read the high gas prices other people pay 🙃

Regular here at Sam’s Club or Costco it’s up to around $4.40 a gallon and then my Discover card knocks that down another $.22 a gallon or 5%.

Actually we’ve been doing more driving so far this year than any other traveling back-and-forth to Florida, yeah my wife calls me crazy when I step on the gas😁

I don’t sweat it and will always enjoy driving and boating too.
Ha! I get a bigger cent-per-gallon (cpg) discount in Illinois on my Discover card. $.30 on every gallon.

I love Illinois.

Back