Anyone else dribbling gas pump hoses?

When the pump shuts off, you do have a few fluid ounces of fuel still in the hose that you bought. Does anyone else shut off the pump and get the "good till' the last drop" of gas? You would be surprised what comes out.

With these prices, I'm getting every drop I can....

Modern nozzle valves don't open just by pulling the handle, there has to be pressure in the hose. In that case you're just wasting time trying to get anything out when the pump is not running.

I lift the hose a little to get what's going to dribble to go down the filler instead of the ground, but I'm not shaking and twisting the hose like a mad man trying to get every last drop.

I've always done that, but for a different reason. I figured it would be better in my tank, than evaporating into the atmosphere.
It's probably just a leftover condition from the 28 years I spent in the oil industry. Air pollution/drips etc. were always something to avoid.

I think if you drove more moderately your savings would be much greater
^^This times a million. Everywhere I go these morons do "jackrabbit" starts from green lights, drive 80+ in the "slow lane",etc. I'm guessing someone besides them is paying for their gas.

^^This times a million. Everywhere I go these morons do "jackrabbit" starts from green lights, drive 80+ in the "slow lane",etc. I'm guessing someone besides them is paying for their gas.
Getting old and grouchy !! [ It only gets worst and soon you will be grouchy like me.]

I'm with acquariuscsm. I drive and I walk, sometimes with a dog.
The number of drivers flooring it and zooming up to red lights is still high.

I've believed for my entire driving life that many people just don't have a mechanical connection (understanding) to what they're doing.
Momentum, distance determination and smooth braking seem to be beyond some people.
People have learned to say, "My time is worth something" just as they've learned to say, "The repair costs more than the car's worth".

I'm with acquariuscsm. I drive and I walk, sometimes with a dog.
The number of drivers flooring it and zooming up to red lights is still high.

I've believed for my entire driving life that many people just don't have a mechanical connection (understanding) to what they're doing.
Momentum, distance determination and smooth braking seem to be beyond some people.
People have learned to say, "My time is worth something" just as they've learned to say, "The repair costs more than the car's worth".
Definitely on the east coast...crazy

Back