Anyone Else Add MMO to their Mowers' Gas...??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently started to add a Nominal amount of MMO to the gas on my 17.5 HP Briggs & Stratton lawn tractor in an attempt to help it last longer.

Anyone else do this?

About how much do you pour in per Gallon?

Any results seen?

cheers3.gif

I use a touch of MMO in my 2-cycle mixes, but not in my 4-strokes.

All evidence I've seen suggests that, so long as the engine receives even minimal maintenance, the rest of the mower is going to fall apart around the engine.

On mine I can hear the valves clacking or some knocking, so I figured what the heck. Got about double/triple dose in 'er... Sounds a little better on about 1 gallon used so far today.

I used to do this all the time on my John Deere with the Kohler Command CV12.5 engine (12.5 HP). I had a sticky carb float and I hoped the lubricity of the MMO would help keep it unstuck. It didn't. Had to clean it out this year and that fixed it, I hope.

It didn't seem like it hurt or helped the power of the mower when I was using it. Did make the exhaust smell a little funny.

I'm trying a little bit of Lucas UCL in it now. It's hard to tell if its doing anything, as I recently replaced the entire fuel system from tank to carb. That made a HUGE difference. Seemed like I had twice the power after doing that (probably 'cause the old fuel line was all plugged and rotted out and the thing was starving for gas all the time).

later,
b

An improvement with MMO to note.....

The 17.5 Hp B&S did not idle well at all and often stalled the engine.

Now, with 1.5 gallons run with MMO added, I moved the lever all the way down to back into the garage, the engine actually holds idle now!! It also started much quicker!

MMO helped
thumbsup2.gif

I don't use MMO in anything anymore, since they stiffed me on my free sample.

I do add a little 2-cycle oil to my mower's fuel, though; I do this since I have so much of it, and I'll never use it all if I only mix it for my 2-cycle engines.

heeey, they stiffed me too, come to think of it. But I still use MMO in my mowers. I'm guessing I use about an oz per gallon. I also add a glug to my 2 stroke mix. The engines seem to run better and start easier. Regardless of whether it is doing anything good, I love the smell.

I did this (occasionally) to most of the OPE I maintained ... especially during break-in.

No definitive proof ... but it made me feel better that I was

Only downside was the Honda tractor (18hp, twin-cylinder, liquid-cooled) would occasionally stumble with this and/or some 2-cycle oil in the gas.

I put about half the recommended amount in my gas container. It helps to keep the carbs clean and also keeps the fuel fresh longer. It's cheap insurance I would say. It certainly doesn't hurt anything.

I use Schaeffer's Neutra in my small engines and it seems to keep the gummy carburetor isssues away. Plugs are clean when I pull them. MMO may be even better. Dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back